• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Here's a mostly complete list of what I tried at GABF on Thursday night. Pink underlines we're standouts for me:

46ed72ae8e84e001bffa4927bc36b338.jpg

6eff05a6abafcc2cd797e957419f6129.jpg

d1e3d3003677676e81e054808e38ba37.jpg

a8487a0cb0be75f77148745bd17cbb31.jpg

b5e436a16784d45d9dce7b807d3f10fb.jpg

cf25ad7f47fba96fc98b7d63b4ffd5ee.jpg

Not a fan of the BA Ten Fidy? I haven’t had it but everybody I know that has raves about it.

Event Horizon (Anything in the series)
Lindley Park
Calico Jack
Manhattan
Berliner Weiss
Cubano Walker

I guess pretty much anything dark or heavy.

Dread God is my favorite. Stout aged in whiskey casks.

Here's a mostly complete list of what I tried at GABF on Thursday night. Pink underlines we're standouts for me:

46ed72ae8e84e001bffa4927bc36b338.jpg

6eff05a6abafcc2cd797e957419f6129.jpg

d1e3d3003677676e81e054808e38ba37.jpg

a8487a0cb0be75f77148745bd17cbb31.jpg

b5e436a16784d45d9dce7b807d3f10fb.jpg

cf25ad7f47fba96fc98b7d63b4ffd5ee.jpg

Fegleys..fuck yeah bo is my man...wholesaled their shiz in pa...he learned sours by working with dude from bullfrog in williamsport...dude is a mad scientist in central pa

Also stoked to see you diggin weyebacher too...beers are overpriced but good people

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about Trillium?

They're delicious?
Lots of NE style IPAs
They used to solely be in some location in Boston where you could only get tastes and fill growlers, but opened a little beer garden a year or so ago and now you can actually have pints on site. I usually make a habit of stopping when I'm in Boston.

Was down in Wilmington (NC) this past weekend and made it over to New Anthem Brewing Project. Cool spot and the few I had on draft were really good. Apparently didn't have their best IPAs on draft but the two they did were good as was the English Breakfast Stout. Would like to try more from them.

On way to New Anthem was walking down the street and saw the Untapped (app) logo in front of a building. Don't know if they have multiple office locations or if they were started in Wilmington but didn't know they were local to NC.

Had a few delicious Haw River beers this weekend courtesy of DeacFan2009. Really impressive stuff for such a small operation.

Haw River is one of the better breweries in the state. Assuming you like saisons.

PM picked up some 2015 Bourbon County barrel-aged stouts while traveling this weekend.
Win.

Untappd isn't NC based originally but they bought a wine/beer recommendation startup... Next Glass?

I had some Indiana beers on the Notre Dame trip. Started with Three Floyds. Gumball Head was my favorite. Bier Pumpkin Ale was good. It had a strong flavor, spice forward. One is plenty. Indiana City’s Shadow Boxer is an excellent stout in my opinion. While decent, my least favorites were Sun King, a cream ale and Osiris Pale Ale.

Going to be in Seattle this weekend. Never been before.

What breweries do I go to?

Going to be in Seattle this weekend. Never been before.

What breweries do I go to?

Fremont! Go see the troll before or after too (it's a walk up a hill, so I might recommend starting there if you are ubering and then walking to brewery).

Fremont! Go see the troll before or after too (it's a walk up a hill, so I might recommend starting there if you are ubering and then walking to brewery).

Don't forget about the Vladimir Lenin statue as well, though I believe it is even farther away from the brewery than the troll.

Any NC beer drinkers remember Olde Rabbits Foot? It was a collab done by Olde Hickory, Foothills, & Duck Rabbit that they stopped doing around 2012. They've made it again for the first time in a while and are releasing it this weekend. Wondering if anyone had it when they used to do it? I wasn't aware of it until now.

Seems like it's a blend of Sexual Chocolate, Event Horizon, and Duck Rabbit's imperial stout that is then aged in bourbon barrels. Sounds delicious.

Back