• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Lots of places around here are getting on the Mexican Lager bandwagon this summer. There are are a couple good ones, and I agree they're really refreshing on a hot day.

I'm also not really ashamed to admit there's a brewery out here that's done a Lime Lager and while I am usually pretty opposed to fruited beers (hell or high watermelon being the exception), this is really, really good when it's 95*.

Ska Brewing Co makes "Mexican Logger" and it is a great easy drink for hot days. On the fruited beer note, I've been going through a fair amount of the Avery Peach Saison this summer.

Ska Brewing Co makes "Mexican Logger" and it is a great easy drink for hot days. On the fruited beer note, I've been going through a fair amount of the Avery Peach Saison this summer.

This has been my go to this summer:

DFOD7zAXgAUhnm6.jpg

this sounds delicious.

Burial Cosmic and Divine is amazing. Different, but as good as Skillet.

Made it over to Kane brewing while on vacation in NJ and after being there a few times I finally got lucky and Sunday Brunch was on tap. So delicious it's not fair. Very well deserved being in top 25 on beer advocate currently.

Great brewery with limited distribution so be on the lookout if you're in NJ

Today is the big day! At 4:00, we officially open our doors! We have six Fiddlin' Fish beers on tap, Mojito Mobile Kitchen will be here serving up delicious Cuban food, and The Zinc Kings will be here from 7:00-10:00 picking out some bluegrass tunes for you. We're ready for a fun night at The Fish and we hope you'll join us!
Cheers!

Today is the big day! At 4:00, we officially open our doors! We have six Fiddlin' Fish beers on tap, Mojito Mobile Kitchen will be here serving up delicious Cuban food, and The Zinc Kings will be here from 7:00-10:00 picking out some bluegrass tunes for you. We're ready for a fun night at The Fish and we hope you'll join us!
Cheers!

Congrats! where in winston?

Cheers!

What's your role? Ownership?

Headed to check out Resident Culture in Charlotte today. I believe that I read somewhere that a Wake alum was involved either as a Brewmaster or Founder. I'll report back on the beers.

It's really good. Not sure about a wake connection, but the head brewer is from Russian River

Had a Westbrook & Evil Twin collab last night and it might be the best beer I've had. Mexican Biscotti Cake Break. Granted, I've never had either of the two by themselves but have heard wonderful things about them. So when I saw the collab was on draft, I had to get it.

Living in eastern NC my store beer purchases are pretty much limited to Food Lion, etc. One of my complaints (and I think this has been an industry-wide thing) is that they'll yank the current season's brews in favor of the next season's way too early; example summer beers pulled in mid-August in favor of the fall varieties. Now it's the opposite: nothing but summer beers and the year-rounds in the coolers and not a fall seasonal in sight. #wantmydamnpunk'nbeer

you're lucky because pumpkin beer is disgusting

These are the NC breweries expected to be at the Great American Beer Festival this year. Any of these considered a "can't miss?"

Appalachian Mountain Brewery
Ass Clown Brewing Co*
Birdsong Brewing Co.*
Brown Truck Brewery*
Cabarrus Brewing Company*
Carolina Brewery*
Foothills Brewing Co*
Four Saints Brewing*
Granite Falls Brewing Co.*
Hi-Wire Brewing South Slope Specialty Brewery*
Ironclad Brewery*
Nantahala Brewing Co*