• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Yeah, I caught the damn cat pissing in front of the door last week, so I got it to check and make sure he didn't do it anywhere else in the house.

You could have easily made up an amazing back story and hit it out of the ballpark and into boards history. Sadly, all we got was cat piss.

Pumped for the beer me brewfest in CLT today. Will have to report back with some of my favorites.

Higher Ground IPA from Birdsong Brewery won best beer; definitely the most flavorful IPA there. NODA Brewery didn't have their Hop Drop and Roll out but their Coco Moco was delicious and Monk's Trunks was pretty good as well. Triple C had some good barrel aged brews. Dunkel from Olde Meck was delicious; Capt Jack not so much.

Picked up some new (to me) stuff and some old favorites this weekend:

-Anderson Valley Brewing Company's Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout (growler fill): Awesome. Taste of vanilla, cocoa, caramel, roasted malt and bourbon of course. Delicious.
-Summer Solstice (also by AVBC) - great, great beer. One of my favorites from last year, so I'm glad it's back.
-Westbrook White Thai - local beer, one of our standards in the LCD house.
-Ommegang Abbey Ale / Dubbel Ale (haven't cracked it open yet).

Last edited:
Picked up some new (to me) stuff this weekend:

-Anderson Valley Brewing Company's Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout (growler fill): Awesome. Taste of vanilla, cocoa, caramel, roasted malt and bourbon of course. Delicious.
-Summer Solstice (also by AVBC) - great, great beer. One of my favorites from last year, so I'm glad it's back.
-Westbrook White Thai - local beer, one of our standards in the LCD house.
-Ommegang Abbey Ale / Dubbel Ale (haven't cracked it open yet).

How is the Westbrook White Thai? I've heard about it, but never got the chance to try any.

I know I'm late to the party but I just had my first Kolsch last night, HooDoo by Uinta. That was one of the more refreshing beers I've had and was perfect while grilling. Going to definitely try some more Kolschs in the future.

I know I'm late to the party but I just had my first Kolsch last night, HooDoo by Uinta. That was one of the more refreshing beers I've had and was perfect while grilling. Going to definitely try some more Kolschs in the future.

If you're in NC you should try Mother Earth's Endless River.

Yes, these have put Anderson Valley on my favorite breweries list. The Winter Solstice is almost the same as the Summer, just spiced slightly differently, so you can almost enjoy it year round.

I had lunch at Carolina Brewery in Chapel Hill yesterday and sampled two beers from their "small batch" list - a double IPA and a tripel. Both were very tasty.

New brewery in MA called brash brewery has a coffee porter called Texas Exile. If you like coffee this stuff is unreal. Not available in nc yet had it at the distillery in savannah.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if Sierra Nevada or New Belgium will take over the title now that they're supplementing their operations with breweries in Asheville.

Sam Adams is all over the fucking place, though. Clearly number 1.

Back