• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Is it possible Rogue's low ranking is due to volume? I realize they have a wide distributorship, but I never seem to see a large quantity of their beer on the shelf.

Was in the mood for some Aviator, so I picked up some Devil's Tramping Ground today. Pretty good stuff and I've noticed that they've been pushing their distribution even farther out this year.

So psyched for this weekend - heading to a craft beer event with 40 brewers showing up. Grabbed the list from the site. Gonna be like a kid in a candy store. A drunk kid.

LOCAL BREWERIES
Weyerbacher
Troegs
Victory
Dogfish Head
Manayunk Brewery
Free Will
Neshaminy Creek
Sly Fox
Fegleys Brew Werks
Tired Hands
Dock Street
Yards
Lancaster Brewing
Round Guys

ACROSS THE U.S.

Founders Brewing Co.
Bells Brewing Co.
Russian River Brewing Co.
Left Hand Brewing
Nebraska Brewing Co.
Avery Brewing Co
Ale Smith Brewing
Firestone Walker
Flying Dog
North Coast Brewing Co.
Smuttynose Brewing Co.
Ommegang Brewery
Southern Tier
Uinta Brewing Co.
Allagash
Lost Abbey Brewing Co.
Oskar Blues
Stone Brewing Co.
Bear Republic
Duck Rabbit
Goose Island
The Bruery
Ballast Point
DuClaw
Stillwater
Evil Twin

I'm actually drinking out of a DuClaw glass right now

(water)

So psyched for this weekend - heading to a craft beer event with 40 brewers showing up. Grabbed the list from the site. Gonna be like a kid in a candy store. A drunk kid.

LOCAL BREWERIES
Weyerbacher
Troegs
Victory
Dogfish Head
Manayunk Brewery
Free Will
Neshaminy Creek
Sly Fox
Fegleys Brew Werks
Tired Hands
Dock Street
Yards
Lancaster Brewing
Round Guys

ACROSS THE U.S.

Founders Brewing Co.
Bells Brewing Co.
Left Hand Brewing
Nebraska Brewing Co.
Avery Brewing Co
Ale Smith Brewing
Firestone Walker
Flying Dog
North Coast Brewing Co.
Smuttynose Brewing Co.
Ommegang Brewery
Southern Tier
Uinta Brewing Co.
Allagash
Lost Abbey Brewing Co.
Oskar Blues
Stone Brewing Co.
Bear Republic
Duck Rabbit
Goose Island
The Bruery
Ballast Point
DuClaw
Stillwater
Evil Twin

Where is this? I am assuming its near me based on local breweries.

Warminster - in the centrifuge, used to be a NASA training center - www.farephiladelphia.com.

If you really live in macungie, its like an hour or so away. Also, whats in macungie besides bear creek?

Trapped door is a decent spot. Shangys in Emmaus. A lot cool spots in Bethlehem. Everything is a bit of a drive but that's what you get up here in the valley.

so far this weekend:

on draft:
green flash "hop odyssey" black IPA
southern tier 2X steam

in bombers:
heavy seas "big DIPA"
midnight sun xxx black double IPA

tall boy can:
bronx brewery pale ale

green flash was best of the bunch...they never disappoint.

LOCAL BREWERIES
Weyerbacher
Troegs
Victory
Dogfish Head
Manayunk Brewery
Free Will
Neshaminy Creek
Sly Fox
Fegleys Brew Werks
Tired Hands
Dock Street
Yards
Lancaster Brewing
Round Guys

ACROSS THE U.S.

Founders Brewing Co.
Bells Brewing Co.
Left Hand Brewing
Nebraska Brewing Co.
Avery Brewing Co
Ale Smith Brewing
Firestone Walker
Flying Dog
North Coast Brewing Co.
Smuttynose Brewing Co.
Ommegang Brewery
Southern Tier
Uinta Brewing Co.
Allagash
Lost Abbey Brewing Co.
Oskar Blues
Stone Brewing Co.
Bear Republic
Duck Rabbit
Goose Island
The Bruery
Ballast Point
DuClaw
Stillwater
Evil Twin

Eh, ended up being too many beers for 4 hours. Nugget Nectar, KBS and a bourbon barrel aged barleywine from weyerbacher were the highlights. Well, the raspberry infused insidious stout from Fegleys was good too. Double jack from Firestone walker is always solid, same with hopnotch from uinta. Goose island no showed with Matilda, and duclaws naked fish was eh.

Racer 5 solid, 2x from Southern Tier, gran cru from north coast, Baltic porter from duck rabbit, and two hearted from bells were some standards that were there and good.

Fun time, beer'd out, though.

Attention Triad beer drinkers: upcoming events featuring Big Boss beers:

APR 23
5:00 PM A SESSIONS SESSION- TAP TAKEOVER
WHEN: Tue, April 23, 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM
WHERE: Sessions- 1820 Spring Garden St, Greensboro, NC 27403
DESC: We are kicking off spring with an 8 handle takeover in Greensboro plus a yummy cask! Our year-rounds and seasonals will be featured!

MAY 10
4:30 PM FIRKIN FRIDAY!
WHEN: Fri, May 10, 4:30 PM - 7:00 PM
WHERE: City Beverage- 915 Burke St NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
DESC: Celebrating the last Friday of Triad Craft Beer Week with a cask in the dash! We will tap our D'Icer Dunkelweiss conditioned with rum-soaked bananas

somewhat interesting article on the new drinking vessels now out on the market (including the topless can spoke of earlier here)...would like to get my hands on the DFH IPA glass when they become available again.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/04/17/berrong-on-beer-building-a-better-drinking-vessel/?hpt=hp_c4
http://www.dogfish.com/store/glassware/dogfish-ipa-glass.htm

You can buy a generic one here. http://www.riedelusa.net/index.php/frontcategories/newitems/spiegelau-ipa-glass.html
Thought about buying one but decided against it.

Picked up one of these and a few others brewed by Olde Hickory yesterday from City Beverage. The Death By Hops is the only one I've tried, it was quite tasty.
dbh.jpg

Anheuser-Busch InBev Reaches Deal With Antitrust Regulators

Anheuser-Busch InBev, the country’s largest brewer, agreed on Friday to sell the United States rights to several foreign brands, including the top-selling Corona, in a deal that regulators say will ensure competition in beer prices.

For American consumers, the agreement will help keep beer prices down, government officials say, although there will be little practical effect on what beer buyers will see when they go shopping.

Picked up one of these and a few others brewed by Olde Hickory yesterday from City Beverage. The Death By Hops is the only one I've tried, it was quite tasty.
dbh.jpg

Don't bother with their Daniel Boone Bourbon Ale. It tastes overly sweet and like stale moonshine. Not good at all.

Catawba Valley Brewing Company in Morganton makes some good beers, and they've just started canning some of their selections. I'm partial to their Farmer Ted's Farmhouse Cream Ale. Delicious, and easy to drink. I also like their White Zombie Ale. Had two draughts at the Hickory Crawdads game last night (and only $2 apiece on Thirsty Thursday). Check them out if you get a chance.

Catawba Valley Brewing Company in Morganton makes some good beers, and they've just started canning some of their selections. I'm partial to their Farmer Ted's Farmhouse Cream Ale. Delicious, and easy to drink. I also like their White Zombie Ale. Had two draughts at the Hickory Crawdads game last night (and only $2 apiece on Thirsty Thursday). Check them out if you get a chance.

Their King Coconut Porter is fantastic.

Back