• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

ne8ygu8u.jpg

NOM

I am here to state the awesomeness of Wicked Weed's Freak of Nature DIPA.

Whoa...

I just got a growler of it from Stella. It's pretty damn good. Could be a touch more flavorful, but it's nice and smooth. Love that Wicked Weed.

So...this Jester King comp brew Sauer Power was fantastic. A smoked sour. Whoof...find it if you can

y6a5uvep.jpg

yne9yqu8.jpg

This beer menu looks exactly like a place called Growlers in Philly - was just there last night had the Weyerbacher Camelopardalis (belgian IPA - really good) and a Goose Island Sofie (always good). They had the Dock Street Sexy Beast Chocolate Stout on cask, and I am kicking myself for not getting it.

I went looking for some KBS today but (unsurprisingly) it was nowhere to be found.

I did land some Goose Island Bourbon County and some Old Rasputin, though. Gonna be STOUTIN' IT UP for the foreseeable future, I think.

Super stoked- there's a new taproom down the street from me. picked up a half growler of Crux Outcast IPA last night, delicious. Went in initially because they're listed on Stone's site as a location with the Enjoy By 5/16/14, but they've not tapped it yet. They're going to do a big release for it on May 10, which is perfect because big bro will be there. Other cool thing is that the place doesn't serve food, just drink, but they allow you to bring in any food from wherever else. Perfect.

On tap for tonight in my fridge:

Stone IPA
Lagunitas Lil Sumpin
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe DIPA
Evil Genius Purple Monkey Dishwasher

The top 3 are usual standards - pretty excited about the PB&J beer

This beer menu looks exactly like a place called Growlers in Philly - was just there last night had the Weyerbacher Camelopardalis (belgian IPA - really good) and a Goose Island Sofie (always good). They had the Dock Street Sexy Beast Chocolate Stout on cask, and I am kicking myself for not getting it.

Dock is super tasty.

For thos in The Dash...is Hoots serving their own beer yet? Love that place...

Broke out my first ever bottle of Goose Island Bourbon County (2013) for the B's/Habs tonight. I am PUMPED. It was a weird pour, very smooth, literally no head. Very strong bourbon smell. It clocks in at 14.9% abv, so that's no surprise, I guess.

ytu2a4e2.jpg

This is very, very thick, and it tastes distinctly of bourbon, but it's also very smooth. The taste of alcohol isn't overwhelming at all. It definitely grew on me over the course of the glass, and I'm not usually a fan of stouts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is very, very thick, and it tastes distinctly of bourbon, but it's also very smooth. The taste of alcohol isn't overwhelming at all. It definitely grew on me over the course of the glass, and I'm not usually a fan of stouts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I was not a fan. Thought it was way too thin.

Wow Uinta's Hop Nosh is really good.

On a separate note since it's about that time of year, what's your favorite beach beer? Bonus points if it's in a can

Any recommendations on what breweries or beers to look for in Asheville tomorrow? Already planning to hit up Wicked Weed and see if they have any hard to find beers that I wasn't able to track down, like Delirium and Amorous.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

same for toronto. there's a spot called beerbistro that has an insane beer list. any thing i should be looking for from ontario?

Wow Uinta's Hop Nosh is really good.

On a separate note since it's about that time of year, what's your favorite beach beer? Bonus points if it's in a can

miller lite. gotta stay hydrated

Back