• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

21st amendment come hell or high watermelon is my go to. helps that it's local/hurts that it's never hot. summer shandy is purty good on a beach. mama's lil pils is another great one if youre less in to the fruit. anderson valley distributes cans here, so anything from them. not sure on the avail on the east coast, though.

we have anderson valley on the east coast.

dale's pale ale another good one

yeah i love dales. i just dont think of it as a summer session type beer. though there defs were summer days drinking lots of them playing horseshoes in ws.

you get anderson valley cans? that's dope. it was basically boont in bottles in dc when i left. good for them.

miller lite. gotta stay hydrated

gotta agree with this line here

if i'm actually on the beach, i want some bud heavy pounders

on a porch or something, i can crack into some microbrews

but i wanna be refreshed on the beach

I'm a huge fan of Westbrook Gose as my beach beer. At 4%, you stay hydrated. And they're delicious.

you get anderson valley cans? that's dope. it was basically boont in bottles in dc when i left. good for them.

yep, pretty sweet. wife loves their summer solstice. i'm partial to the hop ottin'

I prefer the Summer Solstice cans over bottles. The bottles I've had (from three different places) just tasted off, or at least unlike draught.

Cans are almost always better.

Draft
Cans
Bottles

I will post this now that I've selfishly secured my own.

Stella Brew has Hop Drop 'n Roll, a natty champ IPA. 2 x 4pk maximum.

These will likely be gone today.

Whaaaaa? The demand is that great outside QC?

Wish I knew this an hour ago, could have gone down at lunch.
FYI, was in Grapes n Grains last night, and the guy said he still needs to drive down to Charlotte to get it.

GD it, why'd you hold off the info? I've been waiting to get some and could have gotten it an hour ago, but not now. FML.

Wish I knew this an hour ago, could have gone down at lunch.
FYI, was in Grapes n Grains last night, and the guy said he still needs to drive down to Charlotte to get it.

I'm pretty sure that's how Matt at Stella gets it.

I prefer the Summer Solstice cans over bottles. The bottles I've had (from three different places) just tasted off, or at least unlike draught.

This is my second favorite beer to pound on the beach.

Also, the cans are pretty common. They are readily available in PA. Although, once again probably thanks to Shangy's.

Back