• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

for me to enjoy during the game

good beers helped for louisville, not so much last week

Style preferences? Styles you would like to try? Regional gaps that you would like to fill? Are you in Nj currently?

Style preferences? Styles you would like to try? Regional gaps that you would like to fill? Are you in Nj currently?

No - I'm in NC. Probably want to avoid any beer made in Kansas out of spite. Certainly a fan of IPAs and may need to lean more towards session IPA to get me through the games tomorrow night.

I'm pretty well versed in what is out there but if you have any under the radar beers that may be the route I'll go.

No - I'm in NC. Probably want to avoid any beer made in Kansas out of spite. Certainly a fan of IPAs and may need to lean more towards session IPA to get me through the games tomorrow night.

I'm pretty well versed in what is out there but if you have any under the radar beers that may be the route I'll go.

All good but not common sub 5s:

Moon Man
Campside
Boat Beer
Simcoe Sensation

You're looking for 'beer' for tomorrow night? Funny, I've never seen 'whiskey' spelled like that.

Heading to NC at the end of the week- looking forward to time in Asheville especially; haven't been to Burial before and the more I check it out the more excited I get.

Pinner from Oskar Blues is one of the better, sessiomable IPAs I've had.

All good but not common sub 5s:

Moon Man
Campside
Boat Beer
Simcoe Sensation

Thanks - not sure I can get my hands on those here in Nc but have had moon man and boat (carton isn't too far from where I grew up in Nj)

Pinner from Oskar Blues is one of the better, sessiomable IPAs I've had.

Founders All Day is best session IPA

Unless you wanna session session in which case cold coors light

Agree with both of these and GO To is another popular one, but he said he wanted lesser knowns and those are pretty established.

Last edited:
Agree with both of these and all day is another popular one, but he said he wanted lesser knowns and those are pretty established.

I had an all day during the second half of last wednesday's game so probably want to avoid that.

Maybe I should just go to whiskey.

I'll report back on what I end up with.

I submit that everything by Ballast point not named sculpin kinda sucks. My fridge is filled with 8 different 6 packs and they're all gross . Was at the brewery too and thought the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submit that everything by Ballast point not named sculpin kinda sucks. My fridge is filled with 8 different 6 packs and they're all gross . Was at the brewery too and thought the same thing

Just plain wrong.

Victory at Sea is their best. I've never had anything bad from them.

Just plain wrong.

Victory at Sea is their best. I've never had anything bad from them.

They keep trying to make fruits happen that they shouldn't. I've got a Barmy or a Balmy in my fridge now and it sucks. Their doubleIPA kinda sucks too, I've been stuck with em in my fridge all week

We don't need a grapefruit sculpin, or a pineapple sculpin, etc

Founders All Day is best session IPA

Unless you wanna session session in which case cold coors light

Tend to agree. I drink a lot of All Day. But I am a big fan of Stone Go To as well. Also think that Allagash Hoopy Table Beer is going to be a big session beer for me this summer.

Back