• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Cruising Thread

i did the last time i was there
What did you think? My wife wants to go because of the Despacito video. I've heard it's awesome, just be cool and don't take pictures unless you get permission.

Have they announced what they’re gonna do about the Baltimore based cruise ships that are out at sea

I'd guess Cape Liberty. Best port for connecting travelers to their final destination.

Have they announced what they’re gonna do about the Baltimore based cruise ships that are out at sea
Typically they move most of the northern ships to warmer locales until April or so. I'm not sure if any were currently sailing out of Baltimore, but Carnival has announced they're moving their port to Norfolk until Baltimore can get back up and running.

But aren’t there currently ships on cruises out of Baltimore? How are they gonna arrange to get a full ship’s with back to their cars?

But aren’t there currently ships on cruises out of Baltimore? How are they gonna arrange to get a full ship’s with back to their cars?
any cruise that includes baltimore should reconsider whether it's really a cruise

Typically they move most of the northern ships to warmer locales until April or so. I'm not sure if any were currently sailing out of Baltimore, but Carnival has announced they're moving their port to Norfolk until Baltimore can get back up and running.

Vision of the Seas still does itineraries out of Baltimore in the colder months and is currently on a 12 day sailing due back April 4th.

Planes, trains and automobiles.

They will likely port in Jersey or maybe Norfolk and bus people who used port parking back to the Baltimore terminal, otherwise put them on flights back to their home destination. The flights are why I think it ends up in Jersey.

They will likely port in Jersey or maybe Norfolk and bus people who used port parking back to the Baltimore terminal, otherwise put them on flights back to their home destination. The flights are why I think it ends up in Jersey.
Yeah just seems like a fucking nightmare to completely change the travel arrangements and shuttle and entire boatload of passengers

That might work for some people, but the cruise terminal has a massive parking lot that is jam packed with cars. Lots of people just drive in for their cruises, so they're going to have to get back here to pick up their cars.

That might work for some people, but the cruise terminal has a massive parking lot that is jam packed with cars. Lots of people just drive in for their cruises, so they're going to have to get back here to pick up their cars.

I feel like DF2009 had a funny story from an acquaintance who was asking somebody to drive their car halfway across the country to meet their new cruise destination. Their promised payment was a single, crisp Benjamin

somebody do a search!

I feel like DF2009 had a funny story from an acquaintance who was asking somebody to drive their car halfway across the country to meet their new cruise destination. Their promised payment was a single, crisp Benjamin

somebody do a search!
I got u:

Our Alaska cruise disembarks in Vancouver, and we fly out late that night from Seattle. Previously, we took a bus from Vancouver to Seattle and spent some time in and around Seattle. We're debating whether or not to spend some time sightseeing Vancouver before heading to Seattle late that afternoon. Suggestions on things to do around Vancouver for 3-4 hours?

Our Alaska cruise disembarks in Vancouver, and we fly out late that night from Seattle. Previously, we took a bus from Vancouver to Seattle and spent some time in and around Seattle. We're debating whether or not to spend some time sightseeing Vancouver before heading to Seattle late that afternoon. Suggestions on things to do around Vancouver for 3-4 hours?

How late out of Seattle? I'd haul ass to Seattle and go visit Rainier National Park.

It's a 9:45 flight. I hadn't thought about renting a car for a one way trip, but that's an option.

I did an Alaska cruise leaving from Vancouver and ending in Seattle. We flew into Seattle and took the train from Seattle to Vancouver. It's the Amtrak Cascade line.

We mainly walked around Vancouver. Stanley Park is nice and we went out to the markets on Granville Island as well.

We enjoyed the underground tour in Seattle. We also did Chihuly Gardens, the Space Needle, and a Mariners game.

The Stanley Park carriage tour is nice...until you return to the parking lot and every car has had its trunk popped and our laptop was stolen.

Seattle was much more enjoyable IMO. Space Needle is a must. Your daughter would enjoy Pike Place Market & the Troll Under the Bridge. So many wonderful local (non-Starbucks) coffee shops. Highly recommend Fremont Brewing.

Back