• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Cruising Thread

How are there so few people that travel by airplane, just a shocking number.

Nothing like being 4 days out from a cruise and realizing the flight you booked months ago never went through. Luckily we were still able to book the flight again last night, and the total cost wasnt much more than the original price we looked at back in December.

Lol. Same airports or are you looking at one way car rentals from MCO to the port?

Three people traveling together on a cruise...two in one room, one in another...all in same family...cruise line insists on two separate bookings, one per room is their policy. Requires separate payments, etc. Is this usual, typical? Not a huge deal, just seems simpler on the front end for the customer to just do one booking.

?

Nothing like being 4 days out from a cruise and realizing the flight you booked months ago never went through. Luckily we were still able to book the flight again last night, and the total cost wasnt much more than the original price we looked at back in December.

My mom once booked and took a trip to Jacksonville, NC for a girls weekend in Jacksonville, FL.

She did not realize it until she got of the plane in NC, noted that it did not look like JIA, and recognized it from visiting my brother when he came home from Afghanistan.

We were not allowed to talk about it for a long time.

Three people traveling together on a cruise...two in one room, one in another...all in same family...cruise line insists on two separate bookings, one per room is their policy. Requires separate payments, etc. Is this usual, typical? Not a huge deal, just seems simpler on the front end for the customer to just do one booking.

?
I can see why they do it that way, in case one room needs to cancel, but the other doesnt want to. Only time I can see them requiring one booking is if underage kids are in the adjoining room.

My mom once booked and took a trip to Jacksonville, NC for a girls weekend in Jacksonville, FL.

She did not realize it until she got of the plane in NC, noted that it did not look like JIA, and recognized it from visiting my brother when he came home from Afghanistan.

We were not allowed to talk about it for a long time.
Oh, that's golden!

First ever cruise we are flying in day of on Saturday. Cold front coming in with sustained winds of 35 mph with gusts of 60 mph. We have a very early flight out of CLT, so that is nice. Adventures await!

Good luck!
Beats what I tried to do 5 years ago. Fly down to Miami the day of...
Then there was predicted ice starting at 2am that morning, so we made the decision to rent a car for a one-way trip down to south FL. Got there and on the ship on time.

All flights got canceled out of RDU that morning....except for what would have been ours and 3 others.

But we won enough money at the roulette wheel on the last night that it paid for another cruise a couple months later so I'll take that as a win. SIETE!

First ever cruise we are flying in day of on Saturday. Cold front coming in with sustained winds of 35 mph with gusts of 60 mph. We have a very early flight out of CLT, so that is nice. Adventures await!

One of my friends has a huge golf trip coordinated for Pinehurst Sunday through Thursday and a bunch of guys are scheduled to fly in tomorrow for a day of partying here in the Boro. They are boned.

Weather is gorgeous, but far and away the smallest port I've ever embarked from. They're not allowing anyone near the port until 10:45am, so everyone is just chilling out here until then.

The parking lot is maybe 3/4 the size of the Gold Lot at Groves.
27837f9b8f738dc18bf8a2c06ecd548a.jpg

you do the Key, tsy? have y'all done it before? if so, is it worth it?

Initial review of Serenade.

@PhDeac, I'm surprised you and the family don't sail out of Tampa at least once a month. The sail away was one of the most unique and interesting sail aways we've been on.

@Liquid Karma @deacvision7, we really like the smaller size of Serenade. They're upgrading it slowly for the coming world tour in December, so we've noticed things like larger toilets and other minor upgrades. It has an old world cruising feel, and we really like the Centrum vs the Promenade/Central Park. It certainly doesn't have all of the amenities of the newer, larger ships, though. The Mrs. and I were discussing this ship is more the vessel to and from the destination rather than the entertainment destination that the larger ships have become. Our 6 year old has enjoyed what the ship has to offer, so DV7, I think yours would also enjoy it. LK, probably not so much for your teenagers. The activities just do not compare to the newer ships.

So far, we've hit Costa Maya, and it's blatantly obvious that the port was built specifically for cruising. You can not exit or enter the port without walking through a maze of shops. We did Roatan today and really enjoyed it. Did a sloth/monkey holding exhibit, followed by chocolate making, and a rum tasting tour. Between the tequila and rum we've bought, we're definitely checking a bag to come back home. The liquors we bought aren't shipped to the states, so we're pretty excited to bring them back.

Belize tomorrow, which we'll have to tender. Not excited about that. Then followed up by Cozumel and heading home.

Where are they dropping you in Belize? We did a sailing charter out of Placencia in 2018 that was incredible. We were mostly offshore though.

Back