• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Cruising Thread

don't know if anyone does psuedo-last minute cruises but the price drop for the Allure of the Seas out of Galveston for both the Sept 17 and Sept 24 sailings are insane

I'm getting under $1500 for 3 people (kid under 12) in an ocean view balcony for the week with a NC residency. Comes out to $212.38/night total. Wild.

1689015804913.png

don't know if anyone does psuedo-last minute cruises but the price drop for the Allure of the Seas out of Galveston for both the Sept 17 and Sept 24 sailings are insane

I'm getting under $1500 for 3 people (kid under 12) in an ocean view balcony for the week with a NC residency. Comes out to $212.38/night total. Wild.

View attachment 4317

Carnival had an Alaska cruise out of Seattle this week for $500 for 2 people. Interior room, but for that price I'd just park myself topside and see everything.

View attachment 4317

Have you sailed out of Galveston before?

Carnival had an Alaska cruise out of Seattle this week for $500 for 2 people. Interior room, but for that price I'd just park myself topside and see everything.

Also, already gone but today there was a flash deal for 100/person for Mardi Gras next week out of Canaveral.

Does anyone have any experience with George Town Grand Cayman? I’m wondering if it is worth the hassle to get off the ship since I believe you have to tender.

We spent a week on Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman in January. Didn’t check out George Town, so can say anything about that. But if you’ve got time to do a combined snorkeling and Sting Ray City excursion, I’d think that’d be worth getting off the ship.

Or a bike tour with this place if that’s more your thing.

That is such a great route. And Viking really is terrific

viking crowd is definitely older but there's less fatties

No pineapples. I was with a group that took up 1/3 of the 184 person ship, so we brought down the average age a bit.

Jonesing for another cruise, it's been 4 months.

I've got a free 7 night cruise anywhere Royal cruises that I need to sail before 3/31/24. Any recommendations?

We're currently looking at a Southern or Western Caribbean cruise in Dec. We did the Western earlier this year and loved it, and I spent a few winter breaks in Puerto Rico in college, and we honeymooned in St Lucia.

I fell in love with Puerto Rico when I visited. Their inability to recover from Hurricane Maria is tragic, and their infrastructure gets worse with every subsequent major storm. Investment banks absolutely fucked that island to hell and American won’t do shit about it but mine them for resources.

Spent our 10th anniversary in PR (about 10 yrs ago). Loved it.

Back