• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit D&D Thread

new playtest materials today: Druid and Paladin

Druid seems a lot better; Paladin 6e doesn't seem that different but I'm not super familiar with the class

UA Materials

wrapped up a 2.5 year campaign last night and our wives (with the kids) made us a video to mark the event. pretty funny/cute
That is very cool.

We had a session that involved my character becoming leader of a band of cultists (that our wizard promptly fire balled, rip).

Part of my ascension included receiving a crown in a treasure chest. The DM and another player coordinated with my wife to come into the basement right in cue to present me with a treasure chest with a felt crown in it. Was very fun and appreciated.

That is very cool.

We had a session that involved my character becoming leader of a band of cultists (that our wizard promptly fire balled, rip).

Part of my ascension included receiving a crown in a treasure chest. The DM and another player coordinated with my wife to come into the basement right in cue to present me with a treasure chest with a felt crown in it. Was very fun and appreciated.

whoaaa this is great

I've not played since hs. Keep saying I'll do it again. Great to see windy picking up the mantle !

Our group is wrapping up Lost Mine of Phandelver. Not sure what is up next.

I bought the dungeon master guide thinking I'd run a game, but man that feels like way more work than fun.

Our group is wrapping up Lost Mine of Phandelver. Not sure what is up next.

I bought the dungeon master guide thinking I'd run a game, but man that feels like way more work than fun.

It’s fun if the group is good. I’d try adapting a short adventure/one shot for your current group, give your DM a chance to join the group as a guest.

That’s how I started DMing

The 5e DMG is weird. It’s organized more for world building than game running, which is annoying

That is certainly where I would start. Two other folks in the group offered to run the next one so I think I'm off the hook for now.

I think we're a good group, we definitely have fun.

I've never played with another group.

Does everyone else end up spending a few sessions setting up side hustles in the towns? We've bought a property we tried to turn into an air BNB. Set up a horse rental business that devolved into a restaurant run by local goblins that focuses on horse forward dishes. It's also a lot of dick and fart jokes.

in one of our alternate night campaigns we promptly named our spaceship the NCC 69420 USS Fingerblaster

Back