• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Hunting Thread

Brangus

Reaction score
Archery season and dove season are opening up this month. There is also a special early duck season down here in FL. I plan on spending a little time in the woods and at some dove hunts and was wondering if there were other enthusiasts amongst us.

I won't hunt this year, but hoping to do elk and/or pronghorn next year.

I think bojangle gets after it pretty good, but he just had another kid so maybe not this years early seasons.

Heading to my one of my best friend's farm in N. Missouri for opening day of rifle season in November. It's going to be special.

I'll probably shoot a doe back home in October.

Early goose, teal, and dove is open here. I'll eventually thin out a few geese once it cools down a little. I have the perfect spot where resident geese cross like clockwork.

Duck season is going to be epic. I have a new boat and kayaks, and I've been scouting all summer.

It's not really hunting, but shrimp baiting season opened today. I'm going to fill a cooler up Sunday.

Wanna bag a few ducks this year. It's been a couple years.

Did not come for the tags, but wow

I've never been hunting. I'm not a PETA fanatic or anything but I think I would struggle with killing a bird or deer. Is spider hunting a thing? Sign me up for that.

I've never been but I would like to. My wife has family that hunts so I imagine I'll end up going with them at some point down the road.

I've never been hunting. I'm not a PETA fanatic or anything but I think I would struggle with killing a bird or deer. Is spider hunting a thing? Sign me up for that.

I don't particularly enjoy hunting for sport, but I always fished and hunted and ate everything we got, so it never really felt strange to me.

My German Shorthair spent the summer at pointer school. Looking forward to bird hunting with him this upcoming season. Quail, pheasants and maybe a few other types of birds.

I won't hunt this year, but hoping to do elk and/or pronghorn next year.

I think bojangle gets after it pretty good, but he just had another kid so maybe not this years early seasons.
Yeah I will be happy if I get in a few mornings in the blind later this year. Not gonna be too many days in the woods this fall.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's not really hunting, but shrimp baiting season opened today. I'm going to fill a cooler up Sunday.

I had no idea that was a thing until I read your post. Looks like NC doesn't regulate it as heavily like SC does - might have to give that a try some time.

Did white-winged dove season for the first time down in South Texas and it was disappointingly slow. Got a few Eurasian doves too (unprotected)

I had no idea that was a thing until I read your post. Looks like NC doesn't regulate it as heavily like SC does - might have to give that a try some time.

Be careful. There are a ton of closed areas in NC to recreational shrimping. Most of the productive areas are closed. You can still do it off a dock or creek mouth if you know shrimp move through the area.

Slow morning for us. We got a quarter cooler. Hopefully action picks up in a month or so.

HkO4kLc.jpg

Last two winters have been too warm for good dove hunting down in FL. Last year was especially bad, with 90's lasting into late December. The birds just never showed up. Also, it's pretty miserable to sit in a deer stand or turkey blind with mosquitoes singing in your ears by the hundreds in November because there hasn't been a hard frost to kill them yet. Unfortunately a warm/hot fall is forecast for this year as well.

Back