• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Olympics: Scattergories game 2- Questions posted at 2, due at 2:05

JDawg

Reaction score
Welcome Pit Olympians to the second game of our first event of the 2012 Pit Olympics, Scattergories!

This is the second game of two Scattergories games this week. Each team must submit one player for each game and players may not be repeated between games. These players do not need to be named at this time, just make sure that each team has exactly one player send a PM to me with their answers. I do not care about the format, just make sure that I will be able to identify your answers easily. The subject of your PM to me must be your Pit Olympics Country. If two entries from a country are received, that team will be disqualified and no points will be received for that specific Scattergories game. If no entry is submitted before the deadline, the team will not receive any points for that game. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.

And no, you cannot collaborate with anybody else about your answers. Teammates, family, coworkers, anybody.

Everybody plays by slightly different rules at home...I have posted the rules of the officially sanctioned Pit Olympics Scattergories below to ensure that everybody is on the same page.

Summary: I give you ten categories and a letter, you write down an answer that begins with that letter that you think nobody else will submit

RULES:
1. For each category, you must submit an answer that begins with the given letter in order to be eligible for a point (with the exception of proper nouns; see rule #5). Example: "It takes two" would be an answer for the given letter "I" but not "T"
2. UNLIKE SHEEP, if the answer does not belong in that category, you will not receive points. EXAMPLE: If the category was "Countries", "Ohio" would not be an acceptable answer. Sorry TWDeac.
3. If nobody else answers the same thing, you will be eligible for points. If someone else answers the same answer, no points will be received by either player.
4. The determiners "a," "an" and "the" are disallowed in the game even though they might be part of an official title. EXAMPLE: "A Beautiful Mind" would be an acceptable answer for the letter B but not A.
5. When answering with a person, either the first or last name can be used as the letter. If the same first/last name is repeated but the actual person is different, those words will not count as dublicates of each other
6. If the answer uses alliteration then multiple points may be received. Example: "Ansel Adams" would score two points. HOWEVER if there is any break, only the first letter chain will be used. EXAMPLE: "Back in Black" would receive one point, the hypothetical answer "Big, Black and Beautiful " would receive two.
7. The same answer must not be submitted twice in the same round. If this does occur, both answers will not receive points. EXAMPLE: the Family Feud turkey clip would not fly
8. Adjectives are allowed, but I will note that I am pretty strict against those that are not deemed necessary and act as a modifier. EXAMPLE: "excellent eggs" would just be counted as eggs, but "chinese cabbage" would be two points.
9. Creative answers are encouraged by yours truly. I will arbitrarily award a point at the end of the game to my favorite answer throughout the entire round.
10. All answers will be judged by me. My rulings are final.

Since there will be two games, each team's final score will be added up and that is how the medals will be determined. EXAMPLE: a team scoring 8 points on Tuesday and 5 points on Thursday would receive 13 points total and that would be ranked accordingly.

The categories and letter will be posted at 2:00 PM. All answers must be submitted by 2:05 PM. PMs with a time stamp of 2:06 PM will not count. Again, this will be strictly enforced.

CATEGORIES:1. Reason to make a phone call
2. City
3. Something found in New York City
4. Drink
5. Book title
6. Fruit/Vegetable
7. Thing that eats
8. Musical Artist(s)
9. Something that's hot
10. Hobby

Letter: H

Since time is limited and the time limit will be strictly enforced, I suggest you have the PM formatted in another tab/window and keep refreshing the post once 2:00 comes. F5 is your friend.

Good luck!

Last edited:
SCATTERGORIES: GAME 1 RESULTS

Greece- 14
Germany- 13
Rome- 11
China- 11
Fiji- 10
Poland- 9
Australia- 0
Oklahoma- 0

do do doooooooooooooooooooooo

My thoughts on representing Australia today:

I think the old old boards had seconds. That would be useful now.

OK. I know my clock is within at least 10 seconds of the board clock.

I cannot be held liable if you click send at 2:05 but it doesn't hit my inbox until 2:06. See Cherokee's entry on Day 1.

Back