• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Olympics Week 3 Event- The Roast DUE WED 6/13 2 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't jump to the extremes so much.

I know that it's definitely a chore to host these Olympics but just saying, I think some positive criticism could be helpful.

For example, anonymity when possible for events is good, but if it is going to prevent discussion and entertainment, then it's probably not worth it.
Possible solution in the future?

Everything is submitted via PM, and you then run it by the judges. Once the judges have voted, you then post the submissions. Discussion ensues. After an hour or so of discussion or whatever feels right, you then post the results. EVERYBODY WINS!

And I think it is helpful to be able to point out if the roasts are factually inaccurate since the judges probably aren't following the competition. If someone is incorrect about something that happened in the olympics they should get docked for it rather than jsut be able to make shit up.

To be fair, this possibility never even occurred to me. Figured people would do their homework.

I do think bojangles has a point though. I feel like people should get somewhat of a chance to defend themselves before the judges vote. Otherwise people could just straight make stuff up and be funny and write it well and get the gold.

And I think it is helpful to be able to point out if the roasts are factually inaccurate since the judges probably aren't following the competition. If someone is incorrect about something that happened in the olympics they should get docked for it rather than jsut be able to make shit up.

LOL, are you positive that it was factually incorrect? It didn't specify which Olympics...

Imma gonna close this one down. Feel free to comment on the officially official roast thread. Roast the roasters! Anarchy!

Don't think its cool for a mod to just up and decide to change the rules on the guy who's putting the effort in, FWIW, even if I agree with your decision.

THINGS I LOVED:

LBE callout
DV7 callout
Townie callout
the RidingDeac drama

Things I thought were factually inaccurate:

Cherokee nation, you had THREE huge targets in me, palma, and nonny. You choked.

QT4KU wrote the whole thing. Shes an evil genius who lurks in the shadows. We destroyed your pathetic excuse for a team. CHEROKEE!

Don't think its cool for a mod to just up and decide to change the rules on the guy who's putting the effort in, FWIW, even if I agree with your decision.

areyounotentertained.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back