• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

I will echo the posters above. We currently have this issue with one of my sisters. We're wrapping her paw which is preventing the licking and is working. That's what the vet had us do for another dog once and we had great success. Of course topical medication is involved as well.

Vetericyn does the trick on my dog's hotspots and it must taste bad because he licks less after I spray it on.

Our dog had this. . Basically a "hotspot". An irritation that the dog constantly licks which makes it more infected. We had to take our dog to the vet and we got some antibiotics and topical cream and an Elizabethean collar. If you can't go to the vet
, get an Elizabethean collar. Our dog had a little trouble getting used to it but it is necessary for the wound to heal. And keep it clean and neosporin.

Same with our dog, was right above her paw so she has easy access to it. Never fully healed but be keep it clean as much as possible

I will echo the posters above. We currently have this issue with one of my sisters. We're wrapping her paw which is preventing the licking and is working. That's what the vet had us do for another dog once and we had great success. Of course topical medication is involved as well.

Vetericyn does the trick on my dog's hotspots and it must taste bad because he licks less after I spray it on.
Thanks for all the recs. Got some Vetericyn at tractor supply and already notice a difference. Also picked up some hot pink girly wrap for the baby girl.
4e786c4ffe5999851299ab84abe2926a.jpg

wo your sister is a dog?

BTW, I googled to figure out what those bowls are, and apparently they're to get the dog to slow down a bit while eating. Has anyone used those? My pup does eat super fast, but so did all the dogs I had growing up.

BTW, I googled to figure out what those bowls are, and apparently they're to get the dog to slow down a bit while eating. Has anyone used those? My pup does eat super fast, but so did all the dogs I had growing up.

I did the same thing, not because our pups eat quickly, just because I'd never seen them before.

I use one like them for Felix because he would eat so fast sometimes that he would throw it up later. We don't have that issue anymore with him.

Oliver is such a methodical eater that he doesn't need a special bowl. He treats his meal as if it was served in a fine Parisian establishment.

The puzzle bowls work pretty well; if your dog isn't really smart you can also drop a tennis ball in their bowl so they have to eat around it. This works well until they realize they can just take the ball out and scarf like normal...
Scattering food across the floor is also a nice cheap alternative.

The puzzle bowls work pretty well; if your dog isn't really smart you can also drop a tennis ball in their bowl so they have to eat around it. This works well until they realize they can just take the ball out and scarf like normal...
Scattering food across the floor is also a nice cheap alternative.

By accident, we trained our dog to eat pretty daintily. When he was young his tag(s) would tangle and clang hard off the porcelain bowl making it ring loudly; it would freak him out so he had to learn to stretch his neck and eat slowly or he'd scare himself. Same for the water bowl. It ended up being super awesome.

Back