• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

My parents' dog is a rescue, but the rescue org found her on Craigslist. They monitor Craigslist because they say that people buy dogs there and use them in fighting or as bait dogs.

Congrats on the pup!

Yeah mother and father were both on site. It was a lot less sketch than that post made it sound. Basically me admitting to buying from a breeder without saying it :noidea:

Haha, I was just worried you'd picked up a puppy from a site/house where the mother isn't present, which is usually a sure sign of it coming from one of the awful puppy mills. You generally want to interact a little with the parents for a bit to judge their temperament/etc too if you have the ability.

Congrats on the pup! Name?

My parents' dog is a rescue, but the rescue org found her on Craigslist. They monitor Craigslist because they say that people buy dogs there and use them in fighting or as bait dogs.

Congrats on the pup!

That makes me feel less guilty. The lady was very nice and I could tell she knew what she was doing. They had over 10 horses on the property so it wasn't just someone breeding dogs and charging a fortune for the puppies. She was really reasonable and accepted my first offer so that was that.

Haha, I was just worried you'd picked up a puppy from a site/house where the mother isn't present, which is usually a sure sign of it coming from one of the awful puppy mills. You generally want to interact a little with the parents for a bit to judge their temperament/etc too if you have the ability.

Congrats on the pup! Name?

No name yet. Zusi is the frontrunner though (played for the US during the last world cup). Kinda unique as well. Thrown around Boone (seems more of a male name to me but could be unisex I suppose, could be abbreviated Boo), Onyx, Jozy, Elle (not gonna happen), and Zelda (more of a joke but I was kinda serious)

No name yet. Zusi is the frontrunner though (played for the US during the last world cup). Kinda unique as well. Thrown around Boone (seems more of a male name to me but could be unisex I suppose, could be abbreviated Boo), Onyx, Jozy, Elle (not gonna happen), and Zelda (more of a joke but I was kinda serious)

I am very offended that you might think I don't know who Zusi is. I like that as a choice, too, fwiw.

CMIXZA0UMAI6Mj9.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg, be more adorable.
train early, train often.

Got this guy as a rescue a couple weeks ago. Mom's a lab, dad is probably a German Shepherd Dog. His name is Trooper.
He had a little mange when we got him, but the missing hair spots are growing back!

4ca27856012478b8d839cd7cc0c8f8fc.jpg

70933c1ef457c916307cdf437be65e07.jpg

I'm overwhelmed with puppy love. My pup has been working on her guard dog skills. Or, at least, her crazy, paranoid, thinks-all-the-neighbors-are-up-to-something skills.

ZPLHBSm.jpg

Trooper is super sweet too on top of being the best looking part of the Sleep family ;). I am definitely jealous, we're missing having pups around like crazy.

I won't complain about puppy pictures. Though he's got a little "another picture? I better get a treat out of this" look going.

I won't complain about puppy pictures. Though he's got a little "another picture? I better get a treat out of this" look going.

Haha probably. Half of her time with us has been spent with an iphone in her face. What can you say when its that cute though? I haven't introduced her to treats yet. It's been 15 or so years since I had a puppy so I made the mistake of asking the cashier at Petsmart whats a good treat for puppies. She recommended a tub of some all natural organic freeze dried treats so I said whatever and bought it, knowing no dog would eat that. Sure enough, shes not interested. Gave it a lick or two the first time and hasnt even entertained the thought of smelling one since. I'm gonna return them tonight and get something else. Recs are definitely welcome.

Also, this pup is something else. Placed her crate beside my bed just to see what she would be like at night time. Expected the usual puppy whimper all night. Nope, nothing, not a peep. She woke me up around 4:45am chewing on a few pieces of food I had left in there from the day before. I took her out and that got her pretty stirred up. I was worried she wouldn't fall back asleep so I cut the lights off and thought I'd hold her for a few minutes to calm her down. 5 minutes later shes asleep in my bed. I'm not going to make a habit of it (yet) but I'm extremely impressed with how easy shes been thus far

Buddy biscuits in the pouch are great because they are soft, those were the first I found that my dog would eat. (Or, the vet found, since I learned that one from her.)

91ck7CJaTgL._SY355_.jpg

Old Mother Hubbard makes small baked biscuits.

OldMotherHubbardCoupons.jpg

I also have some training treats that my dog loves because she loves cheese, but I don't know the name, I just know the bag to look for. (Which is also why I included pics, those big pet stores just have massive walls of options. And I've gone through a lot of them since I have a picky pup.)

Back