• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Religious Demographics

Which do you most agree with?

• Total voters
There really should be only agnostics and atheists. Anything else just seems ridiculous to me.

I think you're right. Exposure to religion can very well make it seem shallow and worthless. Living it allows it to take roots. I'm preaching Sunday talking about the importance of doing religion instead of thinking about religion (considering the question posed by the readings- "what is true religion.") I argue that true religion is being doers of the word, not simply hearers (James 1 is one of the readings). Christianity is to blame, as we've made it too easy and acceptable to be only hearers. We've lost our radical (in a good way) and counter-cultural edge. If our faith isn't transformational, then indeed is worthless. But I agree with you- exposure can show the flaws and dark sides of religion. /sermon

If that piqued anyone's interest- here is the text of today's sermon to which I referred in this post.

Back