• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit, where should I put my money?

wolfdeac

Reaction score
So I've recently closed my account with Wells Fargo. I'm pretty over the gigantic bank thing. I'd love some recommendations from those in the know about where I could move my (meager amount of) money; credit unions, smaller local banks, etc. Any personal experiences with great customer service, benefits, etc. would be appreciated. Also take into consideration that I may end up moving across the country within the year, so any place that allows you to use any bank's ATMs would be pretty awesome. If I have to switch banks again then, oh well, but it'd be nice not to. Paws rep to useful info.

Give it all to the Deacon Club. You'll get some sweet seats for the Florida State game.

THe baseball stadium is needing a lead sponsor for the black & gold seat fund drive. If you give enough though you must insist they name it Gene Hooks Field at George Greer Stadium

An exceptionally nice man from Nigeria emailed me recently with a suggestion on a financial instution there that would pay 100% interest. He even provided wiring instructions.

This is all incredibly unhelpful.

wolf, actually BB & T is an incredibly great bank that treats their customers great. They are located in a lot of states in the Southeast. A very good stock to own with outstanding management team and based in Winston-Salem.

Big banks really suck. They offer the same rates and greater ATM access.

Back home I just saw a local bank go under. Unless you can put it in a credit union, put it back in the big bank

I have Ally and have been suitably pleased.

Only trouble is that when I need singles for parking I need a physical branch so I left my BofA account open solely for that purpose.

so any place that allows you to use any bank's ATMs would be pretty awesome.

If you don't need brick and mortar services (safety deposit box, being able to get cashier's checks in person, deposit cash, etc) then Charles Schwab has a checking account with unlimited ATM fee rebates worldwide. You also have to have a brokerage account opened and linked to it but you don't have to use the brokerage account. Free billpay, no maintenance or minimum balance fees, you can deposit checks with their app and it even pays a little bit of interest.

Have you tried posting this in The Pit? I'm sure they can be equally unhelpful.

I have Ally and have been suitably pleased.

Only trouble is that when I need singles for parking I need a physical branch so I left my BofA account open solely for that purpose.

Yeah... Singles for ... parking... uh huh.

Back