• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Game Thread

Okay somebody explaining this to me. With a minute five left. The ball is about midfield. Why not force them. We could have blocked the punt, they could have missed hiked it. Why not run the clock out after we get the ball bac If you want to. That just seems like stupid coaching to me.

It was a sincere question - from my perspective there are only like 10-20 celebrity college basketball coaches in the country. If I wasn’t a Wake basketball fan or didn’t closely follow ACC basketball I wouldn’t have any clue who Forbes is.

Okay. But even if you didn’t know who he was, the fact that he got introduced to you and not thousands of other people in the stands still matters.

Clawson smiling in the halftime interview. D held and the O scored a TD. First half ends with the Deacs doing less but looking better. Enjoy it while you can.

It was a sincere question - from my perspective there are only like 10-20 celebrity college basketball coaches in the country. If I wasn’t a Wake basketball fan or didn’t closely follow ACC basketball I wouldn’t have any clue who Forbes is. That’s no slight to Forbes.
It’s just basic recruiting stuff. Get anyone who is of importance at the school to say hello.

Maybe bring over a lovely lady also. Like Halle Berry did for Omar Epps

Have you even seen The Program?!? Put the woman and children to bed and looking for fucking dinner!!!

Okay somebody explaining this to me. With a minute five left. The ball is about midfield. Why not force them. We could have blocked the punt, they could have missed hiked it. Why not run the clock out after we get the ball bac If you want to. That just seems like stupid coaching to me.
I think last year with Sam and crew i would feel ya, but at this point I’m actually ok with running the clock out, get to half tied and get the ball to start 2H. Knowing us we’d either run into kicker or throw an INT after the punt or drop the punt or some such nonsense.

Dave is defs pulling out the 3-0 BC game and 0-0 VPI game playbook. I think he’s kinda excited about it tbh.

Mugsy jeans are $120!! More overpriced crap ads on ACC Network, per usual.

This is what we did with Jamie Newman at State in his first start. Opened it up in the second half

Not being negative here, but why would a high school football recruit care about meeting Corch Forbes? Just for the vibes cause he’s awesome?
Vibes. Also reinforces the feel that Wake is a place where you can make acquaintance with anybody on campus. Every little bit helps. The recruits Mom said that on a number of visits they were ready to leave after a few hours. No so Wake. That is part of why he is a commit.

Clawson had all of halftime to come up with that first sequence on offense?

Grobe would be happy that we came out of the half playing like our hair is on fire

Clawson is gloriously and 100% always Clawson, I’ll give him that

Back