• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Game Thread

I hate to go negative but Grimes has been absolutely awful this year. I don’t understand why we put him out wide in single coverage and expect him to do something. He nearly cost us this game and he cost us the Clemson game with inept play. Pretty disappointing for one of our biggest recruits ever. Obviously I’m rooting for the guy, but I was sitting down close to the Wake bench and after he bumbled the TD catch he came off to the side and was really defeated and barely played the rest of the game. It should always be Banks or Key or Morin in high leverage situations.
I posted this after his second drop that occurred in the fourth quarter. He’s been bad.

Some have compared him to AT but AT may have dropped one in a game then showed up the rest of the game.

Grimes is young, he will be alright but he’s killing us right now.

I posted this after his second drop that occurred in the fourth quarter. He’s been bad.

Some have compared him to AT but AT may have dropped one in a game then showed up the rest of the game.

Grimes is young, he will be alright but he’s killing us right now.

Yeah, he has the body type of AT and gets open but he can’t catch shit. That one against Clemson was the type AT would catch every single time and Grimes looked clueless. He’s a big reason why Griffis has struggled.

Nah - both AT and Scotty Washington were drop machines early in their careers
Pretty much what I said. AT (and Scotty) would drop one but come up clutch later. Were never detrimental to the team to my memory. Don’t see that in Grimes, yet.

Yeah, he has the body type of AT and gets open but he can’t catch shit. That one against Clemson was the type AT would catch every single time and Grimes looked clueless. He’s a big reason why Griffis has struggled.
Not nearly as bulky as AT for a long receiver. Wouldn’t say he’s the reason Hriffis has struggled. But it would be nice to have a 2nd reasonably reliable outside WR other than Banks. What happened to Merrill?

Not nearly as bulky as AT for a long receiver. Wouldn’t say he’s the reason Hriffis has struggled. But it would be nice to have a 2nd reasonably reliable outside WR other than Banks. What happened to Merrill?
Merrill got hurt.

But AT and Scotty couldn't catch a cold in winter early in their careers.

I think the offensive proclivity allowed them a law of averages resume during those seasons, but they were atrocious.

It’s nice to finally have a clutch QB who can win in crunch time amirite /sarcasm

Pitt is a shit team coached by an asshole. Their behavior at the ACC champ game was terrible. The fake injuries every time Wake started to tempo, the fake slide. narduzzis presser. to Hell with them!

losing on the Fake slide call after two disgraceful personal foul calls backing them up…. Perfect !

And that crap about #3 "pulling his own man off the pile." No, that was our WR arm, clearly.

Like jerk your arm and dislocated your elbow psycho style.

So, Narduzzi is among other things, a liar.

They interviewed him pre-game too!

Did they think he changed shirts in the 4 minutes between the first interview and kickoff?
I’m with you. It was funny. I guess we didn’t get the A crew on that one?

Going to CFB games kinda sucks now due to the clock rules and the absurd amount of TV timeouts. But the one good thing is you don't have to hear the fucking idiot TV announcers talk out of their ass or the dumbass cameramen missing every play action

Yeah. I enjoyed having meaningful conversations with old friends instead of listening to inane banter.

But as I told deacdixieboy at halftime, the networks need to figure out how to charge more for fewer commercials to actually make games shorter. All these commercials insult our intelligence after shortening making the time on the field.

Last edited:
Hey, let the record show:

I am thrilled to not be listening to Mark Herzlich yell WOOOO after every ninth play.
I know the dude had and beat cancer and I’m thrilled he did, but at what point does he grow up and lose the Mohawk?

Games are 6 minutes shorter on average in FBS vs last year. Commercial time still averages 45 minutes…not counting Halftime.

And here is how it breaks down on ESPN. All this to say. The data doesn’t support the “so many commercials” narrative.

IMG_2796.jpeg

Games are 6 minutes shorter on average in FBS vs last year. Commercial time still averages 45 minutes…not counting Halftime.

And here is how it breaks down on ESPN. All this to say. The data doesn’t support the “so many commercials” narrative.

View attachment 6228
The commercial breaks are also longer.

Back