• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pittsburgh @ Groves Stadium NOON Sat. Nov. 17

Much too early to say Newman is or is not the future. He played a great game last week and had a poor performance today, that happens. Hartman certainly didn’t show anything this year to make it clear he should be the guy next year either. Should set up a pretty good QB competition this spring and next fall.

TITCR

newman’s constant overthrowing was strange today but the one thing he’s so much better than hartman this year is making reads. hartman’s biggest weakness was decision making in the rpo and an inability to go through progressions and find the open receiver. newman’s actually done a really good job there but just missed the throws today. of course hartman was a true frosh, so you’d certainly hope for improvement there.

I thought we lost it in the 1st half. Could have been up 2-3 touchdowns at the half. They played poorly in the 1st half & we did not take advantage. Their punter did bail them out a couple of times. I thought not going for it on 4th on the 1st score was a mistake.

I thought we lost it in the 1st half. Could have been up 2-3 touchdowns at the half. They played poorly in the 1st half & we did not take advantage. Their punter did bail them out a couple of times. I thought not going for it on 4th on the 1st score was a mistake.
It was a huge mistake not to go for both 4th and 1s.

Our defense is not good enough to win we only score 13 pts.

We were 5-5 with a bowl game in the balance. For the life of me, I have absolutely no fucking idea how you don't go for those, given just how horrendous our defense has been all season.
It really does scream total brain fart.

We were 5-5 with a bowl game in the balance. For the life of me, I have absolutely no fucking idea how you don't go for those, given just how horrendous our defense has been all season.

TITCR. Really disappointing coaching today.

TITCR. Really disappointing coaching today.

Exactly, coaches lost the game today, not the teams fault. Bad play calling, not playing to teams strengths.

+1. Grow a pair

The number of injuries we continue to deal with are hard to overcome as well. Kemp out again today, Colburn out today, Henderson out today (which of course means Ja’sir Taylor plays the whole game, yikes) Tyler Williams lost for the season last week, those are on top of what we’ve been dealing with prior to the 2 weeks. Of course Dortch got hurt today, hope he can go next week, but with the luck we’ve had, probably not.

I don’t agree with it but the ph:black>white ergo jn>sh is a solid use of 25 characters.

newman’s constant overthrowing was strange today but the one thing he’s so much better than hartman this year is making reads. hartman’s biggest weakness was decision making in the rpo and an inability to go through progressions and find the open receiver. newman’s actually done a really good job there but just missed the throws today. of course hartman was a true frosh, so you’d certainly hope for improvement there.

????

Hartman will be better next year. Look at how much the BC QB has done since we beat them up at Chestnut Hill last year. What worries me is the linemen we'll be losing on both sides of the ball.

Can Duke possibly upset Clemson.....1st qtr has been Duke’s

NO. There is NO way it will happen. The officials will go into FULL FUCKING PANIC mode if it's even close. Way too damn much money and prestige on the line if Clemson loses.

Could not agree more - have to go for it on both 4 and 1s. Pitt did not hesitate to go for it - playing to win the division.

I know injuries happen and are part of the game, but the staggering number of guys hurt this year has me wondering if something is amiss in the S&C program.

Exactly, coaches lost the game today, not the teams fault. Bad play calling, not playing to teams strengths.

Oh give me a break. Yeah, the 4th down calls were a little suspect, but we had so many poor plays today. Newman played like it was second start ever and missed a ton of gimme passes, and was dicey in his pocket presence. We also had a few dropped passes. Those plays get made and it's a totally different game, plus it means longer drives that keeps the defense off of the field a little more. On the defensive side, there was some obvious blown assignments that led to big plays for Pitt. Plus, as has been the case all year, we were terrible on 3rd and long. The defense just can't get off the field. Of course it doesn't help when guys like Henderson, Kemp, etc. can't play. It seems the defense consistently has a couple of guys on the field that just aren't ready to play, and every few plays that gets exposed. Fact of the matter is this game was there for the taking, but there were WAY too many plays that didn't get made. Hard to win when you don't make plays.

Back