• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Play of the Game.

Deac65

Joe Amonett
Reaction score
I said this on the other board also, but with a great win swuch as today you almost hate to pick one player out becaue it was a great team win. However, imho when Tanner escaped what I thought was a sure sack and then made the completion was huge.

I agree. I keep playing this play back in my mind. That was a huge play and great effort by Tanner.

Yeah, definitely the play of the game. Extended what would have been like 2 minute drive without points into a 6 minute drive and turned into a 2-score game. Excellent play.

I think the safety was huge!

That combined with the sack right before it. FSU had scored right before the half and had the ball with momentum. I saw a wake collapse coming at 90 mph, but the d stepped up, got a huge sack and the two points. Statement sequence.

Hard to pick out just one "play of the game" today. There were many, many great plays made on both sides of the ball.

On defense, Mike Olsen and Bud Noel stood out for me. Those guys seemed like they were all over the field.

I thought Wilber and Whitlock played particularly well too.

Wilber was dominant. He was being held nearly every play in the 2nd half. Nikita was looking awesome to with getting through the line. Both should had 3 sacks each.

The Price scramble was definitely the play of the game. Not to take away from at least a dozen close seconds.

To Bo picked up a blitz like a bawse on the T. Davis td.

I said this on the other board also, but with a great win swuch as today you almost hate to pick one player out becaue it was a great team win. However, imho when Tanner escaped what I thought was a sure sack and then made the completion was huge.

I agree with this quote - I think that there are a LOT of plays up for 1A awards, but Tanner made a statement with that play.

The sack on Manuel just prior to the safety was huge.

Camp's TD pass was big too, as was Joey's INT.

Defense looked really good, with the exception of Manuel's 1st TD drive.

I agree on the Tanner play being the play of the game, but I have a serious man crush on Bud and his play today was remarkable.

bud was really awesome today. he's such a good tackler on the edges. he made a tackle on a back late in the game that saved a 20+ yard gain. it also seemed like he got screwed pretty bad on the first PI call.

That first pi was complete BS. He had position and looked for the ball and still had a flag thrown.

Back