• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Players make case for Buzz?

If only RW had enough cojones to shoulder the blame!! It appears that some players, unjustifiably, are doing that, in lieu of that D---head RW!!
He should be gone, as well as BZ!
Incidentally, there is a qualified Assistant coach, sitting on WFU's bench, that has paid extraordinary dues, & would do a decent job. We DO NOT want Marshall,
and it's strongly rumored that VCU is locking up Shaka to a mega $$ deal!

A decent job?!?!? That's your hope for the next coach?

GTFO out of here with that LOWF nonsense.

The picture of Bz with that article is so ridiculous.
5307f32bc6da5.image.jpg

Please note: everyone/anyone is to blame except Buzz and Ron, who, in fact, are really responsible.

The only way to fix a problem properly is first to determine the cause of the problem accurately. Otherwise, fixing the problem just becomes a matter of luck, and lots of luck with that.

The players had 33 games to make the case to retain [Redacted]. When Gaudio was terminated, I'm certain that our players felt similar strong ties and loyalty to him. In fact, Gaudio's players actually made the case, on the court, to keep Gaudio as the coach at Wake. In the present matter - the case is closed. Unfortunately the judge, jury, and executioner is Mr. Wellman.

This. My biggest problem with [Redacted] and as a result his players is that they all have an attitude that the fans don't matter. This is 100% opposite the attitude of Skip Prosser. He knew the fans would be an integral part of the success of the program both from a financial standpoint and the standpoint of creating a winning atmosphere. Currently this is a team coached by a man that is out of touch with the fans/supporters and as a result the team is clearly out of touch as well.

qft... the "culture" problems have been created by bzz. the player's have been taught the fans don't matter, that's like walmart saying the customer doesn't matter... it's nonsensical

Devin: There are lots of irrelevant people who have worked their asses off and contributed heavily toward you receiving a 100% free education from one of the top universities in the country. My suggestion would be to button the lips and focus on going to the basket harder, rebounding and free throws in the off-season.
Well said!

If it is indeed the teams fault, who put the team together?

Don't want anyone thinking I think it's the teams fault. The coaching situation is a disaster.

I just like some of the players trying to defend their coach. No matter if he's lost.

Please note: everyone/anyone is to blame except Buzz and Ron, who, in fact, are really responsible.

The only way to fix a problem properly is first to determine the cause of the problem accurately. Otherwise, fixing the problem just becomes a matter of luck, and lots of luck with that.

It's either the players' fault for sucking too much or the fans' fault for not showing up to watch such an amazing on-court product.

Devin Thomas's entire sophomore season was a When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong skit

Someone should ask Devin why he and his team play so much better in front of 3 thousand irrelevant Wake fans then they do on the road. Devin should also look at all the super-relavent Bzz recruits that have transferred in the last 4 years.

If only RW had enough cojones to shoulder the blame!! It appears that some players, unjustifiably, are doing that, in lieu of that D---head RW!!
He should be gone, as well as BZ!
Incidentally, there is a qualified Assistant coach, sitting on WFU's bench, that has paid extraordinary dues, & would do a decent job. We DO NOT want Marshall,
and it's strongly rumored that VCU is locking up Shaka to a mega $$ deal!

The hire 4 years ago was just abysmal and unexplainable. That is all.

I know he didn't literally mean to dis faithful fans, but I will probably remember this quote the next time Devin waves his arms to summon the fans (the handful that still come out) out of their seats after one of his thunderous dunks.

that "summoning" is the most self-aggrandizing crap I have ever seen. case in point the Notre Dame game arm flex followed by "they can't guard me"

#culture #teamplayers

For-profit sports are about entertainment, not winning. Same as music/acting. Sure the art/sport is a piece, but you only get crowds when you're entertaining.

Maybe the players care about winning (and that’s not a bad thing, as winning generally entertains the fans), but they're not there to win, they're there to entertain.

It's not that Wake isn't winning national championships that is the issue, it's that no one is entertained by the low quality of basketball being orchestrated by [Redacted]. His lack of charisma/fire is further evidence of the problem. And that's a problem he hasn't even tried to address, and for that, he needs to be fired. I get that you can't fake talent, but you can fake caring.

The players had 33 games to make the case to retain [Redacted]. When Gaudio was terminated, I'm certain that our players felt similar strong ties and loyalty to him. In fact, Gaudio's players actually made the case, on the court, to keep Gaudio as the coach at Wake. In the present matter - the case is closed. Unfortunately the judge, jury, and executioner is Mr. Wellman.

My thoughts exactly. The players had all season to make a statement for coach.

Players are in a comfort zone with coach and everyone fears change. They also should be afraid that [Redacted] will keep his job and don't want to rock the boat.

For-profit sports are about entertainment, not winning. Same as music/acting. Sure the art/sport is a piece, but you only get crowds when you're entertaining.

Maybe the players care about winning (and that’s not a bad thing, as winning generally entertains the fans), but they're not there to win, they're there to entertain.

It's not that Wake isn't winning national championships that is the issue, it's that no one is entertained by the low quality of basketball being orchestrated by [Redacted]. His lack of charisma/fire is further evidence of the problem. And that's a problem he hasn't even tried to address, and for that, he needs to be fired. I get that you can't fake talent, but you can fake caring.

Wrong! Winning beat entertainment every time.....

Back