• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

Listen people. Manning was retained for this season with full knowledge that the team wasn't loaded with 5-star players and he can't coach. The results of the season so far were fully expected and not cause for a mid-year firing. There's six-and-a-half weeks left in this basketball season and Manning will be the coach until it's over. Get tha fuk over it.

This; don't know why this is so heard to comprehend for some on here. Can't emphasize enough the huge asset Currie has in Ben Sutton; guy has as good a connections with and knowledge of college coaches as anybody, and now that he's not with IMG he's free to make back-door inquiries on Currie's behalf. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't already have "our guy", with both parties understanding that no details can be discussed until the season is over.

This; don't know why this is so heard to comprehend for some on here. Can't emphasize enough the huge asset Currie has in Ben Sutton; guy has as good a connections with and knowledge of college coaches as anybody, and now that he's not with IMG he's free to make back-door inquiries on Currie's behalf. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't already have "our guy", with both parties understanding that no details can be discussed until the season is over.

I don't know the basis for your statement, but I certainly hope you are correct. Currie should know who his new coach will be before he announces a coaching change.

That assumes Ben Sutton even wants a new coach.

I can't imagine that any big money guy is happy with the current state of Wake Forest basketball. If everybody is pleased as punch then why did it take them several days to announce that Manning was going to be retained at the end of last year clearly something was being discussed.

I can't imagine that any big money guy is happy with the current state of Wake Forest basketball. If everybody is pleased as punch then why did it take them several days to announce that Manning was going to be retained at the end of last year clearly something was being discussed.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that the delay resulted from an AD that was so clueless that they didn't even realize it would be a question he would return.

I know several of the very wealthy blue hairs. The distance between their reality and this board's would make your head absolutely explode.
Yup. There are still a bunch of morons giving more money now than they were 10 years ago, showing up to every game and talking about how proud they are that Wake doesn't cheat or have a team of thugs like all those other teams we play against.

Because they didn’t think it was even something that needed to be announced. Manning hadn’t even started the contract extension.

Of course they knew it needed to addressed. Manning was on every hot seat, the board was talking about his status non-stop. Conor and Les were asking Danny about it post game.

If they felt it didn't need to be addressed, then they wouldn't have called a press conference announcing he had been retained. So the idea is that they were completely tone deaf until a week after the season and then had an epiphany?

Sutton is a big time Manning guy.

Sutton accuses Wake fans questioning the retention of Danny last season of “being clueless and living in their mothers basement”

I’m telling you guys do not expect us to make a change.

Curious if Ben said anything after the game last night. Posted this at 1 AM.

Of course they knew it needed to addressed. Manning was on every hot seat, the board was talking about his status non-stop. Conor and Les were asking Danny about it post game.

If they felt it didn't need to be addressed, then they wouldn't have called a press conference announcing he had been retained. So the idea is that they were completely tone deaf until a week after the season and then had an epiphany?

Yes. That's what I said.

Curious if Ben said anything after the game last night. Posted this at 1 AM.

Do you need to get hit between the eyes to read between the lines of this tweet?

Do you need to get hit between the eyes to read between the lines of this tweet?

Actually I think his quasi-cryptic-nonsense-spouting-Tweeting habits are lame. Just say what you mean. I get the feeling he's the kind of guy who knows and loves that Wake fans like us are tempted to post and dissect his Tweets to get a read on his donor intentions. Which is ironic for someone with hashtag #SelfAwareness. Not to mention #Humility

Back