• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

I know it's a delicate balance for Conor and Les but they should be focusing on Manning's preseason prediction that Wake basketball would take a step. Is last place in the acc a step? Are terrible crowds in the Joel a step? Is total fan apathy and disgust a step? Is defensive ineptitude a step? Currie has been very quiet on Twitter recently. Maybe he finally realizes he has to get rid of the moron in March.

A loss to ND tonight would really firm up our hold on dead last.

to quote Clark Griswald, WORSE? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, Ellen. We're at the threshold of hell.

This! And we’ve been at the threshold for years and nothing is being done to fix it. Come on Currie!

also Okeke and Ingraham

don't forget Hoard leaving early

Manning is meeting or exceeding expectations yet again

It wouldn’t matter if all of these players were healthy and playing. I hate it for the kids. But no more excuses for DM. Do I need to pull out the definition of Insanity again?

I'll throw up so hard that an eyeball will pop out when Manning gets retained this year using injuries as an excuse.

for the sake of your eyeball, you might want to start wrapping your head around this possibility

I'll throw up so hard that an eyeball will pop out when Manning gets retained this year using injuries as an excuse.

If he was retained last year after 4) 19-plus loss seasons and no incoming class to speak of plus an inability to recruit since most expected he was being fired, there is no scenario that guarantees his removal.

There was no possible upside to keeping him last year.

The team looks to be trying very hard and the defense is improved.

I think we really need the “rock bottom” game where we get crushed by someone mediocre at home by 30 in front of like 230 people. at some point the personal embarrassment of keeping him will be too much.

DFL after tonight's road loss in SEASON 6 sounds like "rock bottom."

The players seem to be going to class, and they aren't in the papers for any bad events. Life is grand on Tobacco Road.

Some of you might be looking at the wrong metrics as well.

I think we really need the “rock bottom” game where we get crushed by someone mediocre at home by 30 in front of like 230 people. at some point the personal embarrassment of keeping him will be too much.
Emergency schedule a game with Wyoming.

as far as I know, no assistant coaches have killed any drunks in the last 17 months

The players seem to be going to class, and they aren't in the papers for any bad events. Life is grand on Tobacco Road.

And at the end of this season we will have a whopping 2 4 year graduates to go with a multitude of suspensions and players kicked off the team. #culture

The Disneyland nonevent faded away (as it should have)

If he was retained last year after 4) 19-plus loss seasons and no incoming class to speak of plus an inability to recruit since most expected he was being fired, there is no scenario that guarantees his removal.

There was no possible upside to keeping him last year.

Yes, definitely no upside to keeping him. But, three reasons that I keep going back to: 1) Wellman screwed us on the way out the door; 2) Currie didn’t want to do anything during his first week/month on the job and there were no coaches available at the time; and 3) The Childress Situation.

March will be here before you know it boys and girls. Better times ahead! (My best attempt at keeping a positive attitude after too many years of this nonsense).

No worries. Danny's got clem's son coming to our house this weekend....

Oh, wait?! :eek:

I know apathy has set in but the fans need to write to Currie & Hatch + the board about the basketball program now and as much as possible until the end of the season. Currie is on twitter so feel free to (appropriately) reach out to him on there. Put as much pressure on them as you can. Make them make a move this season or defend it to severe backlash. Wake can pay for him to go away, especially so with the right pressure.

Last edited:
Back