• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please do not share banner company contact info with the media

you know, if anything we should be sharing the info MORE. fuck those guys for their part in fumbling this whole thing.

This thread reminds me of something I heard a tour guide say years ago at a Napa winery. The winery had been in business since the 1800s and in the tasting room, someone in our tour group asked the guide what the winery did during Prohibition. The guide replied that they made a VERY high quality grape juice and put a label on the bottles that read, "Warning! Do not add yeast and store at 55 degrees for 10 to 14 days."

We have one win and now Grobe and Wellman hung the moon. That never happens on this board. I would assume that the news of this board got around during banner talk and now the forgive the coach for one good win group has hijacked this one.

And fyi, i am the reporter. Well, not really, i posed as one to put some heat on them and get them to give me the real info which is which one of you paid them off to call off the banner. You should go ahead and spill it bc I will find out.

Is this a real account?

you know, if anything we should be sharing the info MORE. fuck those guys for their part in fumbling this whole thing.

Agree. If they'd flown the agreed upon sortie, no information would be out there.

so the company that (supposedly) fucked up the whole banner thing doesn't want us posting the info for said company? fuck them, I hope it hurts their business.

so the company that (supposedly) fucked up the whole banner thing doesn't want us posting the info for said company? fuck them, I hope it hurts their business.

seriously then sent a lame little league apology letter

Those aren't Wake's only individual championships.

Curtis Strange, Jay Haas and Garry Hallberg all won golf individual titles before Wellman.

And I think a long distance female runner also won an individual title during the Wellman era.

Nice job with the Fire on the Mountain reference.

Have we considered a helicopter banner?

Have we considered a helicopter banner?

Get some hobo (or someone dressed as one) to run around the tailgating lots dragging a sheet with a pro-Wellman message spray painted on it. Based on the WFU media releases I have seen lately people would fall for it. Do it. For real.

Casstevens hire is the worst ever.

Easy on the hyperbole. He's not even the worse hire currently on staff. Say what you want about the guy, but at least he had some discernible success before he got caught.

how do we know Casstevens is a bad hire? Maybe he's awesome

Since the N&O contacted them, they are concerned about the safety of their pilot. They have had multiple instances in the past where people that do not support the banner they are flying have made threats, pointed guns at pilots and the planes, etc.

Regardless of whether you support the banner or not, please keep in mind that people's safety come first.

Wait wait wait. Who's safety should we keep in mind? Did you at any point in the conversation speak to the person at the banner company and assure them that a top 25 national university is highly unlikely to take a hit out on an airline pilot?

I have a banner flying business? I fly whatever the highest bidder wants in 40 letters that weekend. That simple. I've never seen a Wake sponsored banner over the field ever tailgating. It is always a private concern. I think, based on the emails I read, this company is fly by night at best and are total screwballs. Like the nightmare heating and air guy you get at the beach.

Back