• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please Krauthammer, don't hurt 'em.

That article was a snoozefest of the same old griping. Krout may be smart or whatever but he phoned that one in.

And I love how opponents cling to that 8% unemployment number but never mention that the private sector has added jobs for all those months, in the millions, and the public sector has shrunk. The government is smaller, isn't that what you people want? Corporate balance sheets are flush with cash and small businesses have the same tax breaks they had before, and then some. Isn't that what you people want? Housing is still in the shitter, that's why unemployment is so low.

If he is so brilliant and awesome why is he not telling the whole truth?

The private sector is doing fine--Obama even said so!

Record profits, close to record stock prices, growing exports, adding jobs every month for three years....they ain't doing badly.

Record profits, close to record stock prices, growing exports, adding jobs every month for three years....they ain't doing badly.

I'm sure we'll see that first Obama ad touting this exceptional economic success story any day now...

"first Obama ad touting this exceptional economic success"

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL....in what world is "ain't doing badly" equal to "exceptional"?

yawn. I hate it when people write columns and build it off a false premise or a misquote. Just so so lame.

yawn. I hate it when people write columns and build it off a false premise or a misquote. Just so so lame.

Whatever Jaybone, "you didn't build that" is completely in context...

The "new" GOP can't happen until Citizen United is repealed. Until that time, the big money old guys will run your party.

I'm not really worried about them, its the Focus on the Fam crowd that keeps the GOP socially somewhat stunted.

Gay marriage doesn't excite me but at the same time everyone deserves fair treatment when it comes to matters of the heart.

Abortion sucks but I don't think its arguable that its a necessary evil.

the rich have money and so do the corporations, record surpluses in fact. Just read an article today the top 1% of households are sitting on their money, not taking risks with it. Why do they need more tax breaks with black ink dripping from their books?

Here the conservatives blame the government, their favorite scapegoat, for this lack of risk-taking in the marketplace. Could it be that the private sector in its most massive fuck-up in the past 75 years has them a little jittery? Business doesn't fear or sweat regulations themselves so much, they fear uncertainty. The financial sector shit all over that certainty, and the right blames the government.

Bush & the Republicans handed him a steaming shit souffle for an economy....the worst since the Great Depression, teetering on the brink of collapse the month before the election....and have steadfastly refused to join in any effort to improve it since the day he took office.

You may not understand this, DeacLaw, but you're going to find on November 6th that the majority of the voters do.

Blaming Bush, huh? That might be the first time I can recall you doing that on this board. I seem to recall that Obama had two years with a massive majority in the House and about 59 Democrats in the Senate to implement pretty much whatever he wanted on the legislative front to fix the "mess" he had been handed. All we got for his efforts was the massively wasteful Stimulus package (that didn't do anything he promised it would), and the ramming through of Obamacare on procedural technicalities and legislative hijinks. Meanwhile, the Senate has never produced a budget at any point during his entire term, and he's racking up $4 billion per day in new debt with deficit spending without any serious proposal for deficit reduction. The entirety of his plan to fix all of this is to raise taxes on the rich, but the amount of revenue that would create would be enough to cover about one DAY of his deficit spending.

No wonder he's not spending any time talking about his record.

59 Dems in the Senate is useless with the most obstructionist Minority Leader in US history in place.

59 Dems in the Senate is useless with the most obstructionist Minority Leader in US history in place.

So you have evidence that the Republicans have filibuster all of the balanced budgets that Reid runs up the flagpole, then?

That's right. You don't have any evidence of that. It's never happened. Not even once.

So the Republicans are at fault for what Harry Reid doesn't do? Have I got that right?

Your kneepads are getting too tight again, RJ.

Blaming Bush, huh? That might be the first time I can recall you doing that on this board. I seem to recall that Obama had two years with a massive majority in the House and about 59 Democrats in the Senate to implement pretty much whatever he wanted on the legislative front to fix the "mess" he had been handed. All we got for his efforts was the massively wasteful Stimulus package (that didn't do anything he promised it would), and the ramming through of Obamacare on procedural technicalities and legislative hijinks. Meanwhile, the Senate has never produced a budget at any point during his entire term, and he's racking up $4 billion per day in new debt with deficit spending without any serious proposal for deficit reduction. The entirety of his plan to fix all of this is to raise taxes on the rich, but the amount of revenue that would create would be enough to cover about one DAY of his deficit spending.

No wonder he's not spending any time talking about his record.

You seem to be under the impression that the US government can simultaneously stimulate a recovery and lower the deficit. How did you arrive at this?

You seem to be under the impression that the US government can simultaneously stimulate a recovery and lower the deficit. How did you arrive at this?

You seem to be under the impression that the US government can stimulate a recovery at all.

So you have evidence that the Republicans have filibuster all of the balanced budgets that Reid runs up the flagpole, then?

That's right. You don't have any evidence of that. It's never happened. Not even once.

So the Republicans are at fault for what Harry Reid doesn't do? Have I got that right?

Your kneepads are getting too tight again, RJ.

Grover Norquist says hi

Back