• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

poisoned well

Dillon Fence

Reaction score
The well has officially been poisoned. Our fans were so upset about Buzz that we ran off the greatest football coach in school history. Brilliant. What up and coming young coach won't jump at the chance to come to a school with 20,000 rabid butts in the seats and a fan base demanding annual bowl games and occasional runs to ACC titles. Very realistic expectations. Prepare for more disappointment my friends. Especially since these same fans think we have the worst AD in the country yet we trust him to hire the next football coach.

Nobody trusts Wellman. We have no choice but to watch him hire the next HC

who said we trust him to hire the next football coach?

The well has officially been poisoned. Our fans were so upset about Buzz that we ran off the greatest football coach in school history. Brilliant. What up and coming young coach won't jump at the chance to come to a school with 20,000 rabid butts in the seats and a fan base demanding annual bowl games and occasional runs to ACC titles. Very realistic expectations. Prepare for more disappointment my friends. Especially since these same fans think we have the worst AD in the country yet we trust him to hire the next football coach.

Agree Wellman needs to go...but it is also time for Grobe to move on also. Last four years have not been kind to Wake Football...

Was wondering when this thread was coming.

Oh no! Now we won't get to experience Grobe's sixth consecutive losing season!

And like others have said, who the fuck trusts Ron to do anything. But at least its a change from the malaise and mediocrity of the last half decade.

Shut the fuck up.

Peahead remains the greatest Coach in WF history. Grobe had his shot. He did great things, and wore the crown then rested, then quit and let it slip away. He could have been so much more but he quit doing the hard work, making the hard decisions.

LOL. 5 straight losing seasons with a 1-2 win season coming next year, but it's the FANS that are the problem!!!!

wondering when people were going to be pissed? the opinions of this board are not necessarily shared by all. extremely disappointed to see grobe go.

then take it up with the man who decided to resign his position. Don't blame the people who wanted Wake to win more games.

It was time for a change - if you can't see that then you're delusional

Urban Meyer was run off? But he was doing so well.

then take it up with the man who decided to resign his position. Don't blame the people who wanted Wake to win more games.

i'm sure we all wanted to win games more than grobe did. grobe just took a dump in the mouths of the idiot fans. it's going to take most of them a few years to realize it though. good for grobe. he deserved better than he's been getting.

At worst, at least if we are going to be average or worse, we'll pay our coach like that and not among the highest in conference.

i'm sure we all wanted to win games more than grobe did. grobe just took a dump in the mouths of the idiot fans. it's going to take most of them a few years to realize it though. good for grobe. he deserved better than he's been getting.

Deserved better than 2 million a year and a 10 year contract?

Back