• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pokemon Go

What team are you?

• Total voters
Level 19 and have cleaned up the local area around the apartment. Have to drive out to different areas to catch different ones now.

Good work. I still haven't figured out the best method for taking over and keeping control of gyms...Do you basically have to take it over, then battle your own Pokemon to level it up and be allowed to add more of your own Pokemon? I'm team Valor and can't find any teammates to join in their gyms, so I'm typically scrounging on my own. Any insight on the best gym methods?

Thanks,
Creamy

471eec0d7bf9e8820e4c802a49efde40.jpg

Level 17! Trolling Forsyth Tech all night err' night

Just walked down Front Street in Beaufort NC a few times and I can confirm that Pokemon are located regionally. 5 Polywag, 3 Tentacool, 4 Krabby, 2 Staryu, 3 Psyduck, 3 goldeen, 2 Magikarp, 2 Horsea

Good work. I still haven't figured out the best method for taking over and keeping control of gyms...Do you basically have to take it over, then battle your own Pokemon to level it up and be allowed to add more of your own Pokemon? I'm team Valor and can't find any teammates to join in their gyms, so I'm typically scrounging on my own. Any insight on the best gym methods?

Thanks,
Creamy

Eh... I've reasoned that I won't be able to hold onto gyms for more than 6 hours at this point. I try and find a few I can beat or join in a small area, then collect the reward daily.

Got up to level 20, going to hatch another 10k egg tomorrow on a morning run. Have an insane amount of eevees. Ran around Lake Eola in Orlando today and am now up to over 100 in Magikarp candies.

Anyone in the W-S area, there are a stupid amount of Charmanders at Tanglewood. Went yesterday with the girlfriend and we caught 15-20 apiece within an hour span. Spend a day or two there and you'll catch enough to evolve to Charizard quickly.

Last edited:
Just walked down Front Street in Beaufort NC a few times and I can confirm that Pokemon are located regionally. 5 Polywag, 3 Tentacool, 4 Krabby, 2 Staryu, 3 Psyduck, 3 goldeen, 2 Magikarp, 2 Horsea

I've found a fair amount of Kabuto's around Morehead lately I'm about 1/2 to leveling up a 607 kabuto

And what I've found so far is that if its one of the "elite" pokes (e.g. Dratini/Starters/Snorelax/Slowpoke) if you're going to evolve them wait until you catch one that has a higher stardust amount. Like with the eevee's I've been catching the only ones I evolve have been ones who have 3000 stardust. Anything lower and to the candy shop they go.

I downloaded this thing at work, in the burbs, where there was nothing around, and didn't really get it. Then I opened the app at home in the city, and there were five stops within a block. So I guess I'm playing this while I'm walking my dog now.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Me neither. And every time I ask what I'm supposed to do they tell me something that I don't understand. No idea how this whole thing plays out long term. Do I take over the universe or something ? Is there only one winner ?

Me neither. And every time I ask what I'm supposed to do they tell me something that I don't understand. No idea how this whole thing plays out long term. Do I take over the universe or something ? Is there only one winner ?

Catch some tweedles and send them to fight against the huge monster things that guard the gyms, I think. Poor tweedles gonna get their butts kicked.

I'm in New Bern and just caught like 6 weird looking fucking Pokemons I've never seen before. Eggs and Pokeballs everywhere b

Back