• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Police Just a Wee Bit Antsy

That's the big government we need to be worried about.

The mistake I can understand. The heavy-handedness I can excuse. The fucking with the cameras should get people fired.

The mistake I can understand. The heavy-handedness I can excuse. The fucking with the cameras should get people fired.

What's the excuse for that kind of heavy-handedness when arresting people for credit card fraud?

Absolutely absurd. You need security cameras these days to protect yourself from police rather than criminals.

This is the type of behavior the "giving up freedom for security" gets you

That's the big government we need to be worried about.

That's the same big government the "2nd amendment gun nuts" are worried about, just FYI. Welcome to the party. :thumbsup:

That's the same big government the "2nd amendment gun nuts" are worried about, just FYI. Welcome to the party. :thumbsup:

They should realize their buddies in the NRA and "big gun" are playing both sides. They're selling to the jack-booted thugs and telling the wannabe cowboys to be afraid.

What's the excuse for that kind of heavy-handedness when arresting people for credit card fraud?

Probably a bored, small-town police force. I have no idea what the extent of the CC fraud is here, but if I had been victimized by the fraud, I probably wouldn't mind a gaggle of cops going in wanting to crack skulls. It is still likely overkill, but like I said, the cops are bored. They're also way out of practice as evidenced by an apparent failure to announce.

All in all, heads SHOULD roll for this and when they do, it will be for the camera tampering.

this is how they should handle hackers and malware programmers. Also, credit card/identity thieves hurt more people/businesses than some asshole robbing a liquor store. i'm more concerned about the waste of tax dollars involved here.

this is how they should handle hackers and malware programmers. Also, credit card/identity thieves hurt more people/businesses than some asshole robbing a liquor store. i'm more concerned about the waste of tax dollars involved here.

Show of force should not be contingent on how much pain the suspect has perpetrated...it should be contingent on what kind of threat they pose. I don't care if the suspect was responsible for 10 bizzillon dollars in CC fraud, unless he / she was known to be armed and dangerous that show of force was completely unnecessary.

Show of force should not be contingent on how much pain the suspect has perpetrated...it should be contingent on what kind of threat they pose. I don't care if the suspect was responsible for 10 bizzillon dollars in CC fraud, unless he / she was known to be armed and dangerous that show of force was completely unnecessary.

really? maybe we should rethink that. maybe we should scare the fuck out of white collar criminals and treat them like the dirtbags they are in proportion to the danger to society.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think the camera thing will be excused as well. Since they were assuming some kind of criminal enterprise, it would be reasonable to assume the cameras gave away their position or strategy.

And now that I think about it even more, why did that house have a bunch of cameras?

They had cameras in their house...sounds like a reason for a Gestapo style raid.

Back