• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Political Compass

WFU71

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test/

Thought it might be a good time to do this again, given the discussion on the other thread of who's a moderate. I graded slightly liberal on economics (-2.38) and ever so slightly libertarian on social (-.26).

Last edited:
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44

Wow.

Economic -1.75 (this surprised me)
Libertarian/authoritarian -1.54 (about where I expected to be)

Some of the questions were kinda bullshit though.

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56

Economic Left/Right: -1.21
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

But not sure what are the limits of the scale... (especially seeing Hulka's 6.25)

Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.41

[h=1]Your political compass[/h] [h=2]Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56[/h]
Some of the questions weren't very nuanced.

I didn't like how the questions were phrased:

Economic : -2.52
Social : -3.20

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62

Just what is this supposed to tell me?

Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

And yea my computer isn't letting me view the graphs or anything so I'm not exactly sure where my results stand or what they really mean.

What's the purpose of this question?

A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.

I strongly agree with the statement as presented. But I still think a one party state is a terrible idea. What's the point here?

WTF is the astrology question?

Economic Left/Right: 3.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.15

But Reagan and his wife believed in astrology. I bet few Republicans do.

Did Ronald Reagan believe in astrology?

In a word, no. His wife and First Lady Nancy Reagan did, however. Chief of staff Donald Regan revealed that Nancy would consult with an astrologer when setting up travel plans. This got hooked by the media who made it sound like Ronald himself was directing national policy out of the newspaper astrology columns. Reagan himself said of the incident, "The media are behaving like kids with a new toy - never mind that there is no truth to it." It is suspected that Nancy Reagan developed a superstitious fear of her husband traveling after the attempt at his assassination.

Economic Left/Right: -2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00

They avoided several important social issues, though. Gun control being the most obvious one.

Back