• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74

[h=2]Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13[/h]

Looks lke most of the board is in the lower left quadrant. No one yet on the upper half or "Authoritarian" section

Looks lke most of the board is in the lower left quadrant. No one yet on the upper half or "Authoritarian" section

And sadly (IMO) very few on the free market side of the graph.

On the up side, it looks like I may be the board "moderate" at least as measured by this tool:D

Or maybe I just don't have any fully developed thoughts or opinions

left/right: -3.88
lib/auth: -4.31

I actually thought I'd be closer to the middle, but I'm not really surprised.

Economic Left/Right: 1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

About where I usually turn up on these things because I generally don't feel strongly about many of the questions they ask, believe it or not.

And sadly (IMO) very few on the free market side of the graph.

To be fair, some of the questions that I assume were aimed at the free market argument (and there were only a few, unless the weird broader societal questions were aiming to analyze free market opinions) seemed absurd just because they were phrased in absolutes. I may believe that what's good for successful companies is good for society often, but I would never say "always."

Economic Left/Right: 1.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03

Last edited:
Economic Left/Right: -1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

I didn't really know how to answer the one-party state question either. It certainly is AN advantage that the one-party state has in that policy can get through, but deliberative democracy is something I think is valuable as well. If the question was: are filibusters and being intentionally obstructionist on all Congressional matters a bad part of democracy, I would have liked the question more.

Economic Left/Right: 6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56

Economic Left/Right: 0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.08

Econ -3.25
Lib -3.9

A lot of bad questions - not sure how much that affects the results.

Economic Left / Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian / Authoritarian: 0.97

More left on the economy than I thought. Some of the questions were tough though. No real room for a nuanced response.

Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.15

In light of the turn the Republican nominees thread has taken, I thought it might be time to bring this bttt. I just took the test again and have apparently become more liberal economically (-3.50) and more of a libertarian (-3.08).

Last edited:
Economic Left/Right: 2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

Someone plot of us on a graph. I'll give pos rep.

Back