• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pols Aim To Stop Chick-fil-A Expansion Over Gay Statements

Some massively hypocritical statements in this thread. Should government officials in states where gay marriage is not legal be allowed to deny the rights of businesses that are pro gay marriage?

Anyone defending this should be shot in the head...twice....with a water pistol. Seriously. On a board as intelligent as this one there really shouldn't be any discussion over this. Chick-Fil-A should be allowed to place their business and the community can decide whether they want to support the business and eat there or not.

If I were Chick-Fil-a I wouldn't want to open in those places. It's going to be a nightmare.

So do you defend the politicians or think that Chick Fil A has been wronged RJ? Just curious.

"Chick-fil-A funds the WinShape Foundation, whose endeavors include summer camps for boys and girls, foster homes and a marriage retreat. The stated purpose of the latter is “to minister to couples in strengthening their marriages.”

Not everyone is welcome, however. While Chick-fil-A will serve chicken sandwiches to gays, same-sex couples are not accepted at the marriage retreat.

“We do not accept homosexual couples,” was the official reply from WinShape."

What's the problem there? I would bet homosexual couples probably have many of the same issues as heterosexual couples, but they also probably have unique issues as well. Why cater to those you don't want to help and probably would do a shitty job accommodating anyway?

Isn't it the bigoted foundation's right to decide who they want to serve?

I think the guy in Chicago went too far. MA has some real issues due to their marriage laws and the company's position.

If I were Chick-Fil-a I wouldn't want to open in those places. It's going to be a nightmare.

After the initial furor dies down they'll make gobs of money. Because their food is fucking delicious.

This entire controversy is a monument to the fact that the Thought Police never exceed their jurisdiction. I don't eat at Chik-Fil-A b/c I don't like their food, but I do business with a lot of people that I don't personally agree on every issue with. Heck, I LIKE watching MSNBC news since it makes me challenge my own assumptions and points of view. Boycotting every business who has upper management with personal views that don't dovetail with your own (in the name---of all things--of open-mindedness) is the life-equivalent of BKF's five volume ignored poster list.

Something is wrong with you if you don't like chick fil a....man that is some good fast food.

I could care less about the bread, and I order sans the pickle. I like the bird....And their Chicken Minis are better than any other breakfast food you can get in a fast food place.

I could care less about the bread, and I order sans the pickle. I like the bird....And their Chicken Minis are better than any other breakfast food you can get in a fast food place.

Now if the COO had Bojangles (pronounced with a French accent, of course) came out against left-handed Druids, I wouldn't flinch to eat their food, b/c a real biscuit and the over-Lawry'd fries have launched more ships than a Trojan hottie. As for me, I can think of plenty of reasons to skip CFA other than their politics.

My sister-in-law ate breakfast there on the regular during her last pregnancy. She raves about their a.m. menu. I suppose I should at least give them an audition, but I'm so underwhelmed by the daytime choices that I just can't do it. Fool me once, well, you can't get fooled again. Just like in Texas, or Tennesee. Whichever.

Chicken Biscuit meal and a 3 piece order of the chicken minis is the way to go...delicious and filling breakfast.

LOL. I think that every doughnut place I have ever gone to has better doughnuts than Krispy Kreme. They are like eating puffed-up air.

In other words every donut without toppings.

Back