• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

According to Mussleman's Wiki, he has grown up and coached all over the country, from West Coast to East, and has spent plenty of time in the Mid-West. He was a candidate for a coaching job in Russia and coached the National teams of Dominican Republic and Venezuela. He's head coached in the CBA, NBA, D-League, USBL, NCAA and for two foreign National Teams. Seems absurd to label him a West Coast guy. On the contrary, it appears he's go anywhere there's a damn job.

According to Mussleman's Wiki, he has grown up and coached all over the country, from West Coast to East, and has spent plenty of time in the Mid-West. He was a candidate for a coaching job in Russia and coached the National teams of Dominican Republic and Venezuela. He's head coached in the CBA, NBA, D-League, USBL, NCAA and for two foreign National Teams. Seems absurd to label him a West Coast guy. On the contrary, it appears he's go anywhere there's a damn job.

He's a "young" 54 as well, if that makes sense. Look at this, too:

2015–16 Nevada 24–1410–8 T–4th CBI Champions
2016–17 Nevada 28–7 14–4 1st NCAA First Round
2017–18 Nevada 29–8 15–3 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2018–19 Nevada 28-3 15-3 1st

Musselman would be awesome; he cusses a lot, and his wife definitely passes the Say Hey test.

I think its not realistic to expect Manning to be canned before next Monday. Wellman won't do it during the ACC Tournament. If he's still our coach late next week, it may be time to panic.

Yeah, Musselman would be great. Are there expectations that he's headed to UCLA? I just assumed that was likely, though not sure if that's actually the case. And on an unrelated note, it's pretty pitiful to see Anthony Grant's "unsuccessful" record at Alabama relative to Wake's performance over the last 10 years. If he did similarly "poorly" here it would honestly be a notable and significant improvement.

Finally, Texas this year under Shaka sure is weird. Their record is thoroughly mediocre and yet they are a three point neutral court underdog against Kansas so I guess that's what happens when you play like a top 25 team and have a 16-15 record. My take on Smart's tenure at Texas is that he hasn't had good enough guard play to make them legitimately dangerous, but they haven't been too far away.

Looks like the younger of the two Musselman kids graduates high school this year, too.

I think its not realistic to expect Manning to be canned before next Monday. Wellman won't do it during the ACC Tournament. If he's still our coach late next week, it may be time to panic.

LOL - Quite a number of posters on this board were already in full-fledged panic mode when he wasn't immediately dispatched to a weather station in Alaska after his post-game press conference on Tuesday.

I fully expect the "He's coming BACK" rumor mill to hit a fever pitch over this weekend.

Yeah, Musselman would be great. Are there expectations that he's headed to UCLA? I just assumed that was likely, though not sure if that's actually the case. And on an unrelated note, it's pretty pitiful to see Anthony Grant's "unsuccessful" record at Alabama relative to Wake's performance over the last 10 years. If he did similarly "poorly" here it would honestly be a notable and significant improvement.

Finally, Texas this year under Shaka sure is weird. Their record is thoroughly mediocre and yet they are a three point neutral court underdog against Kansas so I guess that's what happens when you play like a top 25 team and have a 16-15 record. My take on Smart's tenure at Texas is that he hasn't had good enough guard play to make them legitimately dangerous, but they haven't been too far away.

Musselman is high on UCLA's list, but so is Tony Bennett.

LOL - Quite a number of posters on this board were already in full-fledged panic mode when he wasn't immediately dispatched to a weather station in Alaska after his post-game press conference on Tuesday.

I fully expect the "He's coming BACK" rumor mill to hit a fever pitch over this weekend.

I understand people are already panicking, but again, we should never have expected Manning to be fired immediately after the game on Tuesday. That's not the "Wake Forest way." If he's fired, it'll likely be next week. At worst, it will be after the final four, which at that time, I'm sure the boards will be in full blown meltdown mode.

Back