• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

Miller is 80-24 his last 3 years at UNCG, a place that hasn’t won anywhere close to that before. He may be the next great coach and he might not be, but you act like he’s got no business in the discussion with your choices, who aren’t the sure thing you think they are. And you think fans aren’t legit if they don’t parrot your thoughts. That’s arrogance ph.

Miller is 80-24 his last 3 years at UNCG, a place that hasn’t won anywhere close to that before. He may be the next great coach and he might not be, but you act like he’s got no business in the discussion with your choices, who aren’t the sure thing you think they are. And you think fans aren’t legit if they don’t parrot your thoughts. That’s arrogance ph.

If you put Miller in the same group with the other guys, you are a moron and not legit.

Hope that clears it up.

Coincides with the best player they have ever had. How many games has he won against Top 25 teams?

Give me Hoiberg or give me death.

Kidding. I’ll settle for Shaka, Matt’s, Oats, and mostly anybody not named Danny Manning or Jeff [Redacted].

Hoieberg is off the table, so he can go in whatever tier you want. If Matta is interested, we’d be foolish not to take a long, hard look. UNLV might be a more attractive option in terms of local and perhaps less pressure and frankly, he may just be done coaching.

If Matta is out, and let’s say Oats isn’t interested in WF, where are we looking next?

Coincides with the best player they have ever had. How many games has he won against Top 25 teams?

It’s not like Alonso was a world beater though. He is just a really good player. They’ve got at least one other guy that would start at Wake.

Why do you think that compares to a Final Four coach?

Didn't UNCG have a forward that was a boss a while back? Maybe 10ish years ago under Fran Mc?

That's him. Looks like he's team captain and a valuable contributor still for CSKA Moscow, a Eurobasket power

Why is Hoiberg off the table? I've seen he's Nebraska's #1 target but nothing saying it's a done deal.

And let me be clear: I don’t think we’re getting him. But he’s going to have much better options than that lousy program and he’s got to know that.

This would be kinda uninspiring but Travis Ford might be someone who gets consideration fromm Currie

Hoiberg was born in Lincoln, grew up in Iowa and has spent his entire playing and coaching career in the Midwest. He might prefer the Nebraska job to the Wake job.

The Nebraska program continually destroys coaching careers. As I said, Hoiberg can do far better than either Wake or Nebraska. He could probably be in the mix for UCLA with a simple phone call from his agent.

If Hoiberg takes the Nebraska job, then it's pretty clear that the dude just wants to be in the midwest and there's no reason to feel particularly bummed about it.

Back