• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

I still say Wake alums needs us to shame him out. Do the hard shit Wellman won’t. Picket his house. Billboards. Get him blackballed from NBA jobs. Out his false SAT score at Page. Hold us hostage at your own peril.

That sounds like it would maximize our attractiveness to Manning's replacement as well. So win, win.

I am starting to think that this 5/1 transition date, coupled with Wellman's statement about remaining in control until 5/1, is an attempt to give Currie cover for WFU keeping Manning for another year.

If the Manning buyout really is 8 figures, and Wake is not willing or able to pay it, then the school may be trying to make Wellman fall on the sword. By 5/2, I would assume that we would have missed out on a number of good candidates.

I was saying this the moment it was announced like that.

I still say Wake alums needs us to shame him out. Do the hard shit Wellman won’t. Picket his house. Billboards. Get him blackballed from NBA jobs. Out his false SAT score at Page. Hold us hostage at your own peril.

I feel you should probably stick to ambulance chasing and running strip mall massage parlors.

Sadly, while your instincts on coaching may be pretty solid and you can run shoulders w the right people, your assholeness prevents you from having any clout - reducing you to internet troll w bad ideas.

Who here had the ability to have manning blackmailed in the NBA? Right, one person who absolutely ignores you

Buy RJ a plane ticket and the two of you can start the picketing.

phil-martelli-11214-ap-ftrjpg_9bmaaunbqa7j1ss2zgc2s8ld1.jpg

Wht about this guy?

I feel you should probably stick to ambulance chasing and running strip mall massage parlors.

Sadly, while your instincts on coaching may be pretty solid and you can run shoulders w the right people, your assholeness prevents you from having any clout - reducing you to internet troll w bad ideas.

Who here had the ability to have manning blackmailed in the NBA? Right, one person who absolutely ignores you

DR: You got strip mall massage parlors?

Russell Turner (worked as an assistant to the Warriors) really knows how to use his NBA contacts.

On his UC-Irvine roster:

- G Max Hazzard is former NBA player, scout and UCLA coach Walt Hazzard's grandson
- G Spencer Rivers is Clippers' Coach Doc Rivers' son
- F Collin Welp is son of former NBA player and U Washington all-time leading scorer Christian Welp
- F JC Butler is the son of long-time NBA player Caron Butler

Smart to exploit your contacts.

Plenty of opportunities for the Pac-12 to offer Turner. Not sure why he hasn’t generated more regional interest on the West Coast. He has been at his current position for nine seasons.

Trying to talk myself into Russell Turner. Gahhhh

I still prefer Wes to Turner, but I'm good with Turner:

Championships
4 Big West regular season (2014, 2016, 2017, 2019)
2 Big West Tournament (2015, 2019)

Awards
3x Big West Coach of the Year (2014, 2017, 2019)

So Turner was the #1 seed in the Big West tournament 4 times and this year is the first time he was able to spin that into an NCAA bid? Sounds like he would be able to continue Wake's lack of postseason success and failures. 5 years of Turner sounds awful.

So Turner was the #1 seed in the Big West tournament 4 times and this year is the first time he was able to spin that into an NCAA bid? Sounds like he would be able to continue Wake's lack of postseason success and failures. 5 years of Turner sounds awful.

2015 and 2019.

Winning a tournament championship is an overrated way to evaluate a coach. Stuff happens in single elimination tournaments. Look at his body of work over the regular season, and yes, also the tournament.

uh, ok...

I am yet to be able to even contemplate talking myself into Miller, really. I mean, I get it, I do, but I'd take Turner over Wes at this point.

I am yet to be able to even contemplate talking myself into Miller, really. I mean, I get it, I do, but I'd take Turner over Wes at this point.

If for no other reason than it would be a hell of a lot easier to fire Turner in 3 years than it would Miller.

Back