• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

As much as Miller and/or Turner do not excite me...

They'd both be more palatable (at least optically) coming off of some post-season success.

Wes Miller looks better after a 33-6 NIT Championship season that includes wins over some P6 programs.

Russell Turner looks better if he can get to the 2nd weekend of the NCAAs with wins over KSU and Wiscy/Oregon.

So Turner was the #1 seed in the Big West tournament 4 times and this year is the first time he was able to spin that into an NCAA bid? Sounds like he would be able to continue Wake's lack of postseason success and failures. 5 years of Turner sounds awful.

Turner will be in the mix for the Washington State job, but Irvine may be a better job. He also may be a candidate if the Cal job is open. Don't think he would be in the mix for Arizona (if that opens) or UCLA.

Wellman's strategy - freak all of us the fuck out until we are happy with whatever new shit show he hires.

DR: You got strip mall massage parlors?

Not that I know of. I do own a couple strip malls in Missouri. Last time I was there I didn’t notice one. Maybe he knows something I don’t.

Always love the personal attacks on my accomplishments. Clearly they bother him.

Not that I know of. I do own a couple strip malls in Missouri. Last time I was there I didn’t notice one. Maybe he knows something I don’t.

Always love the personal attacks on my accomplishments. Clearly they bother him.

Low hanging fruit. Your ideas bother me.

I still say Wake alums needs us to shame him out. Do the hard shit Wellman won’t. Picket his house. Billboards. Get him blackballed from NBA jobs. Out his false SAT score at Page. Hold us hostage at your own peril.

is this fucking guy for real?

Low hanging fruit. Your ideas bother me.

Love the low hanging fruit on business deals. You know what it tastes like? Fruit

We can pay Wes 800k. He knows the rules and hustles his ass off 24/7.

Or we can pay a Danny Manning type 2 million. He is dumb and lazy.

Love the low hanging fruit on business deals. You know what it tastes like? Fruit

Do you know this about Manning? If not, I'd refrain from it. I am not defending Manning's record and would like to see him go. But this attack...the "dumb and lazy" stuff...is a bad look. Borderline racist, imo.

Do you know this about Manning? If not, I'd refrain from it. I am not defending Manning's record and would like to see him go. But this attack...the "dumb and lazy" stuff...is a bad look. Borderline racist, imo.
There's nothing borderline about our DR.

What’s wrong with Turner? I don’t think he’s the only guy we should look at, btw.

Nothing I spoz, but if we're already here... oy! Can't imagine he's that high on the priority list yet. No way we'd be calling a press conf this week to hire a guy who is in the tourney anyway. Just seems like we've FF into "we can't do any better" territory if this is where the thread has settled 230 pages later.

What’s wrong with Turner? I don’t think he’s the only guy we should look at, btw.

So we let Odom walk because we couldn't take another season wih him at the helm, then 18 years later we hire one of his assistants over his son.

You are stupid and moronic. Your ideas suck too.

I don't know you from Adam, but dumb and lazy are dog whistles white supremacists use a lot. I don't think you are a racist, I just think you throw around stupid words and dumb ideas. A lot. That makes YOU lazy. And is one of the reasons why despite your [self] reported wealth- which in any normal universe would allow you a legit voice - you have none and have essentially been neutered into troll-world.

Manning is many things, a lot of those negative. Lazy is not one of them. Which is why your use of the word becomes so troubling.

RJ had the good sense to shut up after his disastrous idea yesterday to burn Wellman in effigy. Unfortunately, you do't have any good sense. At least on here. Rather, you double down on stupidity. Works in some quarters, in some [usually small] pools - hell, it works for the President. but is truly a leverage-killer when it comes to anything Wake. Which is again, why you are way way on the outside looking in when you could probably be shoulder to shoulder with the tier below Mitt and Sutton.

Last edited:

How many strip malls in Missouri does one person really need? Sell one of them and give the money to the Manning buyout fund on the condition that you get help pick his successor.

Yeah, ridiculous assertion that Danny is lazy, but I have no clue regarding his intelligence. He works 14+ hours a day and when he isn't working, he's probably thinking about work. Danny is at his office every night until dark and is on campus working before most everyone else.

gonna be really awkward when we have to fire Wes and have his dad pony up for his buyout

Avoids inheritance tax and counts as a charitable donation.

zkx28jvvtj611.gif

Back