• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

With pro athletes, every team has to spend a certain amount of money on a set number of players. Somebody is bound to get overpaid. That’s just math.

As far as college coaches, ADs, big donors, and fans get really attached to a coach. There’s some psychological term for overvaluing something once it’s yours. Can’t remember right off hand. And they’re really worried about other people taking their coach. And they don’t have to worry about paying players so they just overpay coaches and give them ridiculous contracts. They’re probably also the type of people who are overvalued and overpaid executives in their personal lives as well.

Good points.

Goodman sticking to his guaranteed contract story, but doesn't list an amount this time:
https://watchstadium.com/news/colle...-on-the-hot-seat-updated-rankings-02-05-2019/

HEADING OUT

Danny Manning, Wake Forest – The good news for Manning is that his contract is guaranteed, but the administration will be forced to make a decision with his future – and it doesn’t look promising. There are too many brutal losses – Houston Baptist, Richmond and Gardner-Webb – and the Demon Deacons are tied for last in the ACC with Miami.
Current Record: 8-13, 1-8 in ACC
Contract Situation: Signed a deal in 2017 thru 2025

No need for this thread anymore, guys. We’re winners now. Gonna ride this win straight into the NCAA Tournament.

John Groce was markedly more successful at Illinois than [Redacted] / Manning at Wake.

But White was never coming to the ACC (unless his dad hires him) until his dad retires.

Lets cut to the chase:

Thad Matta= Godzilla.

Wes Miller= Mickey Mouse.

lol

classic baseless rj post

Exactly. As if White would've turned down UNC to stay at La Tech. Coaching directly against his dad didn't stop Tommy Bowden from leaving Tulane for Clemson. White's dad as the Duke AD could handle his son making millions coaching another ACC team.

FTR, I’m going to hold off on making new Kenpom analyses for other coaches asked for until after BSD comes out with their article of 15 coaching candidates. If more information/different coaches are wanted, I’ll make sure to add them.

Do we have anyone good coming next year? I just checked rivals and was surprised to see how many 4 star recruits Danny has landed given his performance as head coach.

Do we have anyone good coming next year? I just checked rivals and was surprised to see how many 4 star recruits Danny has landed given his performance as head coach.

Ismael Massoud looks better on tape than his three star, #129 ranking would suggest.

Hanging on to Massoud after the coaching change will be key.

Back