• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

Do you really believe there are holes in a contract buyout where schools can avoid the payout by making the former coach a janitor?

I actually assisted on a case involving a state university where something like that happened. It was a university professor, not a coach, but the university won because it didn’t actually terminate the professor.

Do you really believe there are holes in a contract buyout where schools can avoid the payout by making the former coach a janitor?

If we are stupid enough to give him a guaranteed contract, maybe he's trusting/stupid enough not to make sure this doesn't happen.

If we don't fully terminate him, maybe the buyout doesn't become active.

Can we start a gofundme for the buyout & Thad Mattas contract?

I bet Wellman checks out some one like Micah Shrewsberry. Brad Stevens protege. Young. Mix of college and NBA experience.

I'd also like Jon Scheyer to get a look. He has Wojo's old job and seems to have a background better primed for coaching than Wojo did.

I’d rather kill myself than have to cheer for Scheyerface

I posted this on the game thread, but it might fit here.

We may have an option on his buyout. If the contract states he's an employee of Wake Forest, we might be able to relieve him of his coaching duties and give him a miserable, made up position while keeping him from taking another assistant coaching job in college or the NBA.

Seeing that, if he wants to keep coaching and not be embarrassed every day at work, he would likely agree to a much lower buyout.
We could hire him to clean all of the toilets in the Joel parking lot!!!

I posted this on the game thread, but it might fit here.

We may have an option on his buyout. If the contract states he's an employee of Wake Forest, we might be able to relieve him of his coaching duties and give him a miserable, made up position while keeping him from taking another assistant coaching job in college or the NBA.

Seeing that, if he wants to keep coaching and not be embarrassed every day at work, he would likely agree to a much lower buyout.

I'll take DR's barber against you and Manning and spot you 5 points a game.

Unlike Rich Boy Wes.

They should rename the Miller Center the Mike Young Center. Because he's Wes' daddy

Unlike Rich Boy Wes.

They should rename the Miller Center the Mike Young Center. Because he's Wes' daddy

Mike Young is 55 years old and has been at Wofford for 17 years. He could be Wes Miller’s literal daddy.

This is common practice, and I know for a fact Wake does/has done it in the past. Coaches are reassigned to a non-coaching position, which leads them to resign rather than be fired. The buyout will still be a subject of negotiation, of course, but it does happen.

Not a good look for Wes getting blown the fuck out by Wofford both games they played.

This is common practice, and I know for a fact Wake does/has done it in the past. Coaches are reassigned to a non-coaching position, which leads them to resign rather than be fired. The buyout will still be a subject of negotiation, of course, but it does happen.

Well, then let's make it happen!

Going to have to buy longer mop handles for Janitor Danny is all.

If Wofford fails to win the SoCon and doesn't get an at-large it will be a crime

Back