• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

Williams last 5 years at Marquett- 4 tourneys, 2 sweet 16s and an elite 8. Wojo’s next 5- 2 tourneys. Are you comparing him to Pat Knight?

wojo is a garbage coach. comical that DR still claims they are a top 15 team when they will drop out of the top 25 shortly (they were never highly ranked in kenpom and have performed accordingly with their distastrous finish to the season)

You’re serious? 2nd tier? Wojo is the Coach of a top 15 team now. I begged this group to consider him 5 years ago. You laughed. Way, way too late. Why not offer K or Boeheim? Equally stupid waste of time.

Not arguing the merits of Wojo but why would it ever matter who this group considers as a qualified candidate for Wake's coach? It has been proven that it doesn't.

wojo is a garbage coach. comical that DR still claims they are a top 15 team when they will drop out of the top 25 shortly (they were never highly ranked in kenpom and have performed accordingly with their distastrous finish to the season)

Yeah Marquette is, and has been all season, a top 25-35 team. They're impressively consistent in that regard actually (never been better than 24 or worse than 36).

I think the sooner we come around to idea that either A) Manning is not going to be fired or B) we going going to hire someone like Tad Boyle the easier this will be on everyone.

I think the sooner we come around to idea that either A) Manning is not going to be fired or B) we going going to hire someone like Tad Boyle the easier this will be on everyone.

AKA the Bobby Knight approach

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::tard:

FYI, Odom's taken a team to the NCAAs too and actually won a game..in his second season. It took Wes 6 years to have a winning record and 7 to make the NCAAs. We might as well keep Manning if we're going to wait 6 years to be above .500. I think Wes Miller's a pretty good coach...but if he takes as long as he did at UNCG to turn things around, it's going to be a while. And are we willing to wait that long? We need a quicker turn around than that, imo.

This can’t be serious.

Odom might turn out to be a really good coach, but it is taking a giant leap promoting him from low major to the ACC.

Williams last 5 years at Marquett- 4 tourneys, 2 sweet 16s and an elite 8. Wojo’s next 5- 2 tourneys. Are you comparing him to Pat Knight?

Just on this page he is comparing him to Knight, Wooden, K and Boeheim.

Odom’s UMBC team playing Vermont on ESPN2 at 11 am today in conference championship game.

Just perusing the interwebs, it seems like Matta is a popular name, especially for UNLV. Seems unlikely we’re in a position to win a bidding war, so I’m gonna guess The Devil won’t be a Deac.

Just perusing the interwebs, it seems like Matta is a popular name, especially for UNLV. Seems unlikely we’re in a position to win a bidding war, so I’m gonna guess The Devil won’t be a Deac.
Which is why we should have fired Manning weeks ago.

Just on this page he is comparing him to Knight, Wooden, K and Boeheim.

No, I wasn't. What I was saying is that he as about as likely to take the job as those guys.

The concept that a P5 guy with major success still young enough to have a good 30 years left that would take the job is silly. That's what made John Currie such a dream hire. Proven success at K State. Very young still. Wake grad who loves Wake. Weird unmeritorious political situation frees him up to come home. That was a dream find right there.

No, I wasn't. What I was saying is that he as about as likely to take the job as those guys.

The concept that a P5 guy with major success still young enough to have a good 30 years left that would take the job is silly. That's what made John Currie such a dream hire. Proven success at K State. Very young still. Wake grad who loves Wake. Weird unmeritorious political situation frees him up to come home. That was a dream find right there.

Dream hire? Not so sure about that. The fact that he's an alum should have zero influence in stating this is an exciting hire.
situation in Knoxville was beyond tricky and I do not shoulder the blame completely on him. Still though it was one of the messiest AD fallouts in recent memory.

Dream hire? Not so sure about that. The fact that he's an alum should have zero influence in stating this is an exciting hire.
situation in Knoxville was beyond tricky and I do not shoulder the blame completely on him. Still though it was one of the messiest AD fallouts in recent memory.

Blame? Blame for what? Schiano was a far better hire for TN.

It is really crazy that donaldross just honestly can’t conceive of hiring someone at the AD or coaching level who doesn’t have a previous tie to MSD. Really gives you a myopic view of the options.

Back