• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

Won't the guy who takes the Wake job need some analysis during Year 1?

That Hoiberg news gets me so damn heated. It's Matta, Shaka, Oats, or better, or else y'all are straight up failures.

All I know is we better stretch the purse WIDE open, and it’d be appropriate for Ronnie to kick in his pension for the first 10 years.

Wellman has a proven track record of hiring the most boring coach available the past two hires. Who is the leash exciting prospective coach? That’s Wellman’s guy.

Wellman has a proven track record of hiring the most boring coach available the past two hires. Who is the leash exciting prospective coach? That’s Wellman’s guy.

Basically any of the options that currently have Wake forest ties haha

Wellman may be the guy standing at the podium when the new coach is hired but he's not making the hire.

Yes. I strongly believe (with no info, just a guess) that we’ll get an established coach - not an up and comer - along the lines of his KSU hire.

I will probably be wrong.

Why get worked up over Hoiberg? Good coach who does not like to recruit. Better than our current situation, but not what we need.

Yes. I strongly believe (with no info, just a guess) that we’ll get an established coach - not an up and comer - along the lines of his KSU hire.

I will probably be wrong.

None of the revenue sport coaches he has hired / tried to hire could be characterized as up and comers. Hope he makes an exception for Oats.

So early rumblings look like:
Nebraska: Mayor
Texas A&M: Buzz
UNLV: Matta
Wake: :eek:hnoes:

I'm hearing Wellman is down to Jim Crews or Tom Penders with an announcement coming Thursday

Back