• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

post game comments?

I think it was a perfect storm of a bad game. Disheartening loss, had to play again 22 hours later, very short bench, came out a little flat, looked a little tired at the end of the Dayton game, and looked tired for ASU, didn't shoot well, we have no inside presence. If we don't come out with a passion and don't shoot well, this is what is going to happen regularly. Every year, there are 3-5 games where you don't play to your potential. This was one of them. Learn from it and move on. I am very worried about the end of the year with how many minutes our guys have to play. Lose by 1, lose by 30, it is still one loss. Hopefully we'll come out playing hard again this morning.

Reality is that we have four players.

CJ and McKie are starters for mid-level ACC programs. Fields and Chase have the potential to be ACC level players.

The rest of the team adds little.

- Chenault is a tough Philly kid and has been playing and leading a long time. He will not get much better. He can't shoot and has limited quicks. He would be a good 4th guard on a good team. Not the answer.

- DeRossiers - Joke. No strength. At least two years away from being a finese role player when signed.

- Nikita - back to reality with his shot. He has to be put in his place and do what he can do.

- Green - Who knows. He can move but is so raw. He should be the 13th recruit on a decent team and an absolute redshirt.

Can't blame this mess on Buzz but I do believe he could add some intensity here. I think he is just trying to focus on the longer term and we all should too.

This post is on target. Two things I hoped to see were a more aggressive Carson, and Nikita playing smarter and finishing at the rim. Carson doesn't seem to have improved at all and, if anything, Nikita makes even dumber plays than last year.

I like the way we've looked against man defense, but our zone offense has been completely stagnant. When you don't have a post game, that happens. Our guys have to keep competing, keep improving, and build a foundation for next year when the cavalry arrives.

No bigs and our shooters couldn't buy a basket.

Shit happens and it's going to happen a lot this year...and keep happening until we get someone in the middle who makes a difference.

If our shooters go cold, we are screwed.

"Shit happens and it's going to happen a lot" for many years because Wellman hired his buddy as coach.

Back