• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

post game comments?

I have no problem putting in Brooks to send a message to our post guys that greater effort is needed.

TC is a decent back-up PG. I thought he'd be a decent starter.

TC is not a point guard. Fields is better at moving and distributing the ball. TC used his strength to drive to the hoop in HS, here the inside is much tougher. He wants to shoot, makes up his mind what he is going to do as does it- like shoot at the end of the Dayton game. I think Fields will eventually take over.

I have no problem putting in Brooks to send a message to our post guys that greater effort is needed.

Especially when the walk on isn't much worse than the schlorship player. Honestly I like Green's game better than Carson's, they're both weak, but Green is athletic at least.

I think Fields and Green should be starting, soon. Not that it really matters.

No he didn't. All three committed before the 2010-2011 season began. Also, Chennault and DesRosiers definitely have ACC potential.

Fields committed in January.

I disagree about Chennault, though. I see no upside in his game. He's arguably got the worst court vision out of our eight players. That's not going to work.

I disagree about Chennault, though. I see no upside in his game. He's arguably got the worst court vision out of our eight players. That's not going to work.

I stand corrected regarding Fields.

We'll see what happens with Chennault.

Tony can't shoot and he has below-average court vision/decision making, but he does two things better than anybody we have right now (CJ and Travis included): breaking the press and getting to the basket.

The differences between this and last year are stark, especially in terms of our abilities to break the press. If I was Bz, heaven forbid, I'd suck it up and start three undersized guards, with CJ and Chase as primary handlers in half court, and TC in transition. Then I'd put Travis at the 4 and Green/Carson at the 5. We will never have size this year, but we might as well play to our strengths and let our players do what works to their skillsets' strengths, rather than expecting TC to be CP3 and Nikita to not be an absolute embarrassment.

Is TC the the worst shooting guard (not SG, just shooter) to ever play at wake forest?

Could Joe Dukes shoot?

Also, let's be serious: Ish Smith couldn't shoot. He became respectable (?) his senior year, but his first three years were atrocious.

Could Joe Dukes shoot?

Also, let's be serious: Ish Smith couldn't shoot. He became respectable (?) his senior year, but his first three years were atrocious.

Chennault will have to overhaul his entire delivery if he ever hopes to have a respectable shot. He does some god-awful sling-shot type of shot now.

I'd like to see Bz overhaul the lineup. We have talent issues, but I don't think the current lineup is getting the most out of the talent we have.

Start Fields and CJ in the backcourt. Fields is the primary PG, CJ slides over to play PG when Fields is out of the game. Start Fischer as the 3rd guard. Play TC as a backup SG and 3rd guard.

Post up McKie at PF in a Keith Booth type role. Avoid playing him at SF unless one of the guards gets in foul trouble.

Start Carson at C and see what we can get out of him. Rotate in Nikita and Green liberally to play about 50 minutes combined at PF and C.

I'd like to see Bz overhaul the lineup. We have talent issues, but I don't think the current lineup is getting the most out of the talent we have.

Start Fields and CJ in the backcourt. Fields is the primary PG, CJ slides over to play PG when Fields is out of the game. Start Fischer as the 3rd guard. Play TC as a backup SG and 3rd guard.

Post up McKie at PF in a Keith Booth type role. Avoid playing him at SF unless one of the guards gets in foul trouble.

Start Carson at C and see what we can get out of him. Rotate in Nikita and Green liberally to play about 50 minutes combined at PF and C.

I like.

TC is not a point guard. Fields is better at moving and distributing the ball. TC used his strength to drive to the hoop in HS, here the inside is much tougher. He wants to shoot, makes up his mind what he is going to do as does it- like shoot at the end of the Dayton game. I think Fields will eventually take over.

So, we recruited a 2 guard who can't shoot to play point guard? Great.

I think we saw the first of that with Fields in so much last night. Green is at least active. TY WALKER please do something positive.

We were obviously going to get beat, but Godwin came in and dropped a rebound that they luckily slapped out, dropped a good pass for an easy layup, got power slammed over his head for the thunderslam and then did something else not so good that I already forgot in his 2 minutes of PT. Oh, and it went from like 21-9 bad to 27-9 real bad iirc.

I thought the more effort needed ploy backfired even though it didn't really matter since we sucked so bad.

diverdeac did an excellent summary of this team. They are undermanned and short on talent. They really do only have four ACC caliber players.

"CJ and McKie are starters for mid-level ACC programs. Fields and Chase have the potential to be ACC level players."

As bad as they are this is our team, so I'll support them to the end. I don't believe in trashing our on players, but Nikita is the worst player (that actually gets playing time) that I've seen wear a Deacon uniform since (dare I say his name) Harvey Hale.

He obviously does not have the physical talent to play in this league, but I question whether he understands his limitations or his purpose for being in the game. The weak behind the back pass into the post was something you see in YMCA youth basketball. I now have no hope that he can contribute anything to the team.

Someone has to log those minutes, so coach has to play him, but he's pitiful.

Back