• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

post game comments?

I don't disagree with you, but Carson is basically invisible when he's on the court- so what's the difference in having him in the paint getting abused repeatedly or going small and letting Nikita at least play defense?

Both schemes are going to fail, obviously.

Right...the idea is that when the game is over, and we're in a pick your poison type situation (i.e no lineup combination without Ty was going to have a chance at stopping FSU), we might as well play guys who will be here next year. Nikita doesn't need garbage time minutes.

Desrosiers got his butt kicked by John Kreft. He is also drifting on his shot - off balance badly. Needs some balance beam shit or something.

McKie badly rushing his shots all the time now. Needs to calmly take his time and move around the foul line. He could have scored at will with mid range jumpers around the foul line in this game instead of rushing air balls from 3.

Missouri blows. Their 4 guard offense will not get it done in the NCAA tourney. Their coaches suck for putting a 4 guard offense out there all game. Maybe we can get Ernie Nestor to take over when Buzz only wins 4 games in the ACC NEXT YEAR. ha ha...ha ha ha just say no to this crap.

90% of big men take two years or so to bulk up and get enough experience to contribute. The Reggie Johnson's of the world are few and far between.

I know he's still young (and I think he has potential) but he just quits on defense. He gets bumped a little and just stops playing. It's very frustrating because we've all seen him have big games and expect more from him.

I'm not knocking Carson, just trying to figure him out. It would be great if both he and Ty could have simultaneous big games.

Right...the idea is that when the game is over, and we're in a pick your poison type situation (i.e no lineup combination without Ty was going to have a chance at stopping FSU), we might as well play guys who will be here next year. Nikita doesn't need garbage time minutes.

Carson got ripped a new a-hole a few minuted before he came out for good, maybe that's why he had to sit?

I don't disagree that he needs minutes (even though he played a ton last year and has logged a ton this year) but he played really, really bad tonight and it's not entirely a bad idea to get Daniel some minutes, especially against a very physical FSU team.

I'm fine with Daniel playing too but he didn't come in for 6 minutes after Carson came out. My point was we needed someone inside instead of running a 2-3 with short players. Green should have come in when Carson came out IMO.

Carson was standing there with his hands straight up while big FSU dudes jammed it down his throat. I'm no expert but after that happens a half dozen times or so I don't know what teaching point you are going to gain out of that happening over and over.

I agree Daniel could have seen more time.

I'm fine with Daniel playing too but he didn't come in for 6 minutes after Carson came out. My point was we needed someone inside instead of running a 2-3 with short players. Green should have come in when Carson came out IMO.

Agree. The only thing that would make sense is that Nikita is much, much tougher than Daniel and Carson. He doesn't get pushed around in the paint, but he's undersized and there's nothing he can do about that.

Ty has to play against Clemson or what little chance we have against them is gone.

We have 2 offensive players that FSU (or anyone) have to account for. We all have known this since the start of the season. Walker is great on defense but his offense is basically non-existent. Wake just doesn't have enough talent to compete against the upper echelon of the ACC. I am curious to see how this team will be next year. There should be more offensive talent to surround Mckie and Harris. I truly don't think a different Coach would be having that much more success with this team.

Agree. The only thing that would make sense is that Nikita is much, much tougher than Daniel and Carson. He doesn't get pushed around in the paint, but he's undersized and there's nothing he can do about that.

Ty has to play against Clemson or what little chance we have against them is gone.

I am stunned by this statement. . .mostly because some how it is completely accurate.

Carson was standing there with his hands straight up while big FSU dudes jammed it down his throat. I'm no expert but after that happens a half dozen times or so I don't know what teaching point you are going to gain out of that happening over and over.

I agree Daniel could have seen more time.

And this is exactly what we're missing, some big mean motherfuckers whose sole mission is to jam it down the other team's throat on offense and intimidate with physical defense...I don't care what you think about culture change, but successful basketball teams need enforcers

And this is exactly what we're missing, some big mean motherfuckers whose sole mission is to jam it down the other team's throat on offense and intimidate with physical defense...I don't care what you think about culture change, but successful basketball teams need enforcers

Wake hasn't had a talented/tough big man like that since Visser and E. Will. Chas was tough, but he wasn't jamming it on anybody.

We need a Rodney Rogers.

I remember the first time I saw him in a WFU uniform - first game his freshman year and thinking "That's a grown ass man".

We need a Rodney Rogers.

I remember the first time I saw him in a WFU uniform - first game his freshman year and thinking "That's a grown ass man".

Forget Rodgers, I'd take a Trelonie Owens right now!!!

Ty has been fantastic on defense this season, no question he is a game changer. What is killing us is the fact that no matter how open he is, he is never ready for the ball when he gets it. I would love to know the number of times he has had the ball laid off to him by one of our guys with no one near him, only to have his shot blocked by a recovering defender. I would guess the number to be well into the 20's. So frustrating...he's feared on the defensive end and completely disregarded on the offensive end. Guys know they have time to get to his shot, so they don't bother guarding him down low...

Back