• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post [Redacted] Student Section Shirts

Hopefully we will have a new coach who will give a shit about things like relating to the students and getting the fan base excited about the team. If that happens the rest will take care of itself.

It will be great if Clawson can rub off on Wellman a lot in terms of the next hire.

I have been very disappointed in the "shirts" if you will during the big games. Instead of a unified Wake arena, it's been looking more like a box of Crayons. Gotta change that when Buzz leaves.

I

Personally, I like the tie-dyes. I know people hate them and maybe their time has come and gone, I don't know... But, the tie-dyes were awesome because they were obnoxious and distinctive. When everyone was wearing them, when you tuned to the game, you immediately knew you were watching a Wake game. If aynone ever saw you wearing one out, they knew you were a Wake fan.

With black or gold, you could be a fan of any number of teams. If we can come up with a new shirt that is similarly distinctive, and that everyone can get behind and wear, I'd be all for it...

Personally, I like the tie-dyes. I know people hate them and maybe their time has come and gone, I don't know... But, the tie-dyes were awesome because they were obnoxious and distinctive. When everyone was wearing them, when you tuned to the game, you immediately knew you were watching a Wake game. If aynone ever saw you wearing one out, they knew you were a Wake fan.

With black or gold, you could be a fan of any number of teams. If we can come up with a new shirt that is similarly distinctive, and that everyone can get behind and wear, I'd be all for it...

I agree with this. No one minded the tie dyes when we won.
Trouble is, the tie dyes represent something that we aren't anymore: a team people feared playing and a building people feared playing in. That's why it's stale.

I agree with this. No one minded the tie dyes when we won.
Trouble is, the tie dyes represent something that we aren't anymore: a team people feared playing and a building people feared playing in. That's why it's stale.

People have always hated the tie dyes, even when we were winning.

Okay. We remember this differently. Either way we need a rebranding.

Do you really not remember the countless, countless threads about how ugly the tie dye shirts were?

I dig that there's a dude front and center in the student section today wearing a bright pink Oxford shirt. Way to be a stereotype, bro.

Almost all of my peers when I was a student there disliked the tie-dye shirts, and that was during the CP3 era. Then again, those shirts were a Skip Prosser creation. Hippie shirts don't exactly represent the Wake student population very well. Some obnoxious yellow polo shirts seem more appropriate.

This. And I think it will be hard to beat the tie-dyes.

Some obnoxious yellow polo shirts seem more appropriate.

That actually is brilliant. Electric yellow polo shirt with the collar popped. Indoor sunglasses not optional.

I prefer the Prosser tie dye shirts to the Bzz empty seat shirts

Back