• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predict the final 8 games

Really hope I'm wrong:

L - BC
W - Louisville
W - FSU
W - NC State
L - VT
L - Clemson
W - Duke
L - Syracuse

8-4 (4-4)

I just don't see us dropping both Cuse and VT...Maybe one but not both...Neither are worth a damn this year. Winning in Blacksburg will be a challenge but they are an inferior team to us this year.

When do we start to worry about Clawson getting poached by another program.

We are so fucked. All of this talk is going to make us lose. Never forget that God hates us.

yep. I mean, we should win. But God really does hate us and all of the sudden everything will start going wrong.

12-1 with Orange Bowl win

Depends on what's open at the end of the season and if we refuse to open the wallet to keep him. Claw doesn't seem like the type to jump to a shitty program just for bucks.

Only looking at possible Power 5 vacancies:

Illinois - no reason to take this crap job
Auburn - Malzahn may survive...if not Clawson is an odd fit
Ole Miss - Live in Mississippi??? nuff said
F$U, Tenn, SC - buyouts probably keep any of these from opening up
Stanford - probably will take more than one bad year before a change is made
Michigan - doubtful...they'll want a quick fix and a big splash hire
USC - Urban Meyer
Rutgers - LMAO
Arkansas - maybe...but even Grobie didn't go to Fayetteville

Depends on what's open at the end of the season and if we refuse to open the wallet to keep him. Claw doesn't seem like the type to jump to a shitty program just for bucks.

Only looking at possible Power 5 vacancies:

Illinois - no reason to take this crap job
Auburn - Malzahn may survive...if not Clawson is an odd fit
Ole Miss - Live in Mississippi??? nuff said
F$U, Tenn, SC - buyouts probably keep any of these from opening up
Stanford - probably will take more than one bad year before a change is made
Michigan - doubtful...they'll want a quick fix and a big splash hire
USC - Urban Meyer
Rutgers - LMAO
Arkansas - maybe...but even Grobie didn't go to Fayetteville

Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and FSU coaches are in their second year. Things aren't going well, but doubtful they'd be fired, regardless of the buyout.

I think Malzahn survives as long as he doesn't lose to anybody other than LSU, Alabama, or Georgia.

Jim Harbaugh is not getting fired. Gattis is getting fired.

Someone might die too.

Last edited:
Oklahoma could be open because sooner (get it?) or later an NFL owner is going to make Lincoln Riley an offer that he can't refuse.

Didn't TN run DC out from the football team once before?

Didn't TN run DC out from the football team once before?

Clawson was OC at TN the last year of Phil Fulmer's time as HC. Fulmer was fired before season end. Clawson was let go at the end of the season when Lane Kiffin was hired. The offense he ran at TN was terrible.

Clawson was OC at TN the last year of Phil Fulmer's time as HC. Fulmer was fired before season end. Clawson was let go at the end of the season when Lane Kiffin was hired. The offense he ran at TN was terrible.

Tennessee fans called it the “Clawfense” - however, Clawson’s system takes time. Just look at his first two seasons at wake. I think the Tennessee experience helps us with keeping DC. I worry about only a handful of programs: ND, Stanford, Michigan and the like.

Clawson and his family are very happy in Winston-Salem. He has said so on many occasions.

He's a great fit at Wake and we've upgraded the facilites to keep him here. :thumbsup:

Wellman actually got this hire right.

Tennessee fans called it the “Clawfense” - however, Clawson’s system takes time. Just look at his first two seasons at wake. I think the Tennessee experience helps us with keeping DC. I worry about only a handful of programs: ND, Stanford, Michigan and the like.

Brian Kelly is only 57 and ND is the best its been in decades. Clawson is 52, btw.

Harbaugh's not getting fired but could walk away at some point if hecan't move that program forward.

Clawson and his family are very happy in Winston-Salem. He has said so on many occasions.

He's a great fit at Wake and we've upgraded the facilites to keep him here. :thumbsup:

Mike Buddiegot this hire right.

Fixed it for you.

ND and UofM don't worry me. I don't think Kelly is going anywhere anytime soon. Like Biff said, their program is the best it's been in decades and I doubt Kelly would leave for the NFL.

If Harbaugh goes anywhere, UofM is not going to hire Clawson. They would back up the Brinks truck to make a splash and win now. That's not a program that will tolerate 2-3 shitty years while Clawson implements a new system. Clawson has shown that he's an effective program builder, but I think there's little tolerance for this type of system implementation among the blue bloods.

The program that worries me the most is Stanford, but I think they would have to keep on their current trajectory this season and be shitty next year before they move on Shaw. He'd probably even get 2021 to right things since Stanford has consistently won about 10+ games with him with the exception of one or two seasons.

Stanford has buckets of money so if they wanted Claw we'd hopefully have a hefty buyout payment to throw at a new coaching staff.

Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and FSU coaches are in their second year. Things aren't going well, but doubtful they'd be fired, regardless of the buyout.

I think Malzahn survives as long as he doesn't lose to anybody other than LSU, Alabama, or Georgia.

Jim Harbaugh is not getting fired. Gattis is getting fired.

Someone might die too.
Taggart and pruett both wont survive this season unless they each win at least 8 games respectively. UT and FSU dont have any patience. Clawson is not a sexy enough hire to go to any of the former top programs

Taggart and pruett both wont survive this season unless they each win at least 8 games respectively. UT and FSU dont have any patience. Clawson is not a sexy enough hire to go to any of the former top programs

Tennessee will be lucky to win 6 games this year and Pruitt's not getting fired unless they show Fulmer the door too.

That's my take.

It's weird to be in a place where we're talking about our HC getting poached. I don't think any Wake HC has ever been hired away by a program that would be consodered a step up. Yeah, Grobe was close, but it didn't happen.

Tennessee will be lucky to win 6 games this year and Pruitt's not getting fired unless they show Fulmer the door too.

That's my take.

Yeah Pruitt is getting another year unless they decide to reboot the entire AD.

Back