• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prediction Thread: UMBC @ Wake Forest - 8pm on ESPN3

Obviously he struggled overall, but Crawford still hit a tough shot on a drive and then calmly drained the game-clenching free throws down the stretch. And that's after he dislocated his finger.

Codi only scored more than 10 points in 7 of 30 games as a freshman.

First real home game as college players. Some perspective is probably in order here. It takes a few games until being on that stage doesn't leave you gassed after 3 trips down the court.

He may have the most potential but he isn't our best player right now.

Ok. Most potential. In very limited minutes he has put up impressive numbers. He needs more playing time. He can run, jump, score, block shots and rebound . This guy is good now and could be outstanding during his career.

Think biggest take home from first 2 games is that we are not going to be able to be competitive with CMM and Hudson out--the lack of playmakers on the perimeter is going to make Devin/Dinos/Collins too easy to stop.

That being said, I think a lineup of CMM, Wilbekin, Hudson, Dinos, and Thomas will be pretty good. Dinos has obviously made a jump from frosh to soph year. By all accounts Hudson has done same thing. Collins can spell Dinos/Devin. Crawford will be serviceable assuming he is not asked to do so much so fast. McClinton gives you some rest minutes. I just fear the season/morale will be shot by the time this comes to fruition.

Agree

CMM and Devin are our best players in part because they are our hardest competitors. I think that the freshmen may prove to be hard competitors too, but too early to tell.

All three need to be playing a lot of minutes First, because all three have talent on a rather untalented team. Second, because we lack depth at SF.

I don't disagree. I just said I don't think it's an issue of them all being on the court at the same time (at least for long stretches). Dinos and Devin will each get 30 minutes a game (+ or -). That leaves 20 min at the 4/5 for Collins (~10-15) and Moore (~5-10). Give Collins 5-10 more at the 3 and we're all set.

Even with a healthy squad and no suspensions, that still leaves plenty of run for McClinton, Hudson, CMM, Wilbekin, and Crawford.

Crawford has played the most minutes of anyone in the first 2 games. Don't think that will be the case when CMM (and Hudson) get back. He's prob a ~20 min guy.

Unless CMM has improved his shooting and Craw's shooting in the first 2 games had been an aberration , it will be an ugly sight from a shooting standpoint when they are on the court together this year. Wilbekin, Crab and Dinos will be our shooters again this year.

Obviously he struggled overall, but Crawford still hit a tough shot on a drive and then calmly drained the game-clenching free throws down the stretch. And that's after he dislocated his finger.

Codi only scored more than 10 points in 7 of 30 games as a freshman.

First real home game as college players. Some perspective is probably in order here. It takes a few games until being on that stage doesn't leave you gassed after 3 trips down the court.

He flat out sucked in this game, freshman or not

most concerning with crawford is that his defense was atrocious

Back