• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prediction Thread: UMBC @ Wake Forest - 8pm on ESPN3

First game of the season, 7 scholarship players active (3 freshmen), shooting poorly, tons of whistles, there are plenty of fingers to point.

Think we'll take wins where we can get em early and keep getting better. I'm an optimist until there's a reason to lose it like some of y'all. This isn't losing to Stetson.

One big criticism I have is Danny's lineups. Collins deserved 35 minutes and should have been guarding the post. Dinos has to be one of the worst defenders Wake has had in a long time. If he's not scoring he's a complete liability. The team D was horrible.

Bad game, let's move on.

Danny manning needs to get his head out of his ass and start getting some intensity going on the defensive end

Jesus Christ, Crawford. That defense on that missed layup. Holy hell.

Good hustle there at the end. And with the exception of that last free throw, DT was good from the line tonight.

That's about all I got to say about that.

Except it's not our primary defense. I understand a loss here would suck for us fans but this is the kind of game as a coach you want us to work through the problems rather than play something we do not want to use.

It should be our primary defense because we don't have the personnel to guard anyone man to man. We couldn't handle UMBC in man.

Back