• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prediction Thread: UMBC @ Wake Forest - 8pm on ESPN3

Manning 's substitutions/lineup combinations were often illogical and puzzling last year. That continued tonight

We've got three ACC quality starters right now but only two are seeing the floor at a time. Manning has got to give Collins minutes at SF just to keep talent on the court.

We've got three ACC quality starters right now but only two are seeing the floor at a time. Manning has got to give Collins minutes at SF just to keep talent on the court.

My thoughts exactly. Unless McClinton can show us a lot more.

Not sure I see how that kind of line up works. Devin, Dinos, Collins, Wilbekin, Crawford? I'm not sure I see enough quickness from Collins to have him guard opponent SF, and at this point, his outside shot isn't there to have him play SF on offense. Maybe a flip flop, Collins as PF on offense, Dinos as SF on offense and vice versa on D?? Do you see enough speed and quickness from Collins to play him as SF even on D?

CMM, Hudson, Collins, Dinos and Devin. Would like to see if Collins is quick enough to defend the wing. If he is, that's probably our best lineup, IMO

Did you see enough speed and quickness from O'Brien?

Yeah I think the hope would be that DT/Dinos/Collins can eat all 80 minutes at the big spots. And CMM/Crab/Mitch can take 90-95/120 minutes at the guard spots. Then you can mix Crawford/McClinton for 25-30 minutes.

That 8 man rotation is a lot different than what was on the floor tonight.

I will say I have very low confidence in DM's rotations when the games get more important. He seems to pull and mix people in non-sensical fashions. Just out there clicking buttons.

Not sure I see how that kind of line up works. Devin, Dinos, Collins, Wilbekin, Crawford? I'm not sure I see enough quickness from Collins to have him guard opponent SF, and at this point, his outside shot isn't there to have him play SF on offense. Maybe a flip flop, Collins as PF on offense, Dinos as SF on offense and vice versa on D?? Do you see enough speed and quickness from Collins to play him as SF even on D?

Perhaps we should have worked on a Syracuse type zone in the off-season. We are too slow to play man.

Was disappointed Wilbekin didn't assert himself more given our lack of guards and Crawford's struggles.

Yeah, Mitch carried 13% usage last year on a team with very little creation. He just isn't much of a creator for himself or others.

As if we actually know how to play D!? Just put ur best players out and score more!

Manning 's substitutions/lineup combinations were often illogical and puzzling last year. That continued tonight

Maybe he is trying to figure out what combinations of players work well together as a "unit" because he is going to need to figure out something with our upcoming brutal Non-Conference Schedule; more so, with our lack of guards (the loss of CMM and who knows when Hudson will be back). Maybe Manning thought that we would in the end still win the game, and cared more about "experimenting" with lineups rather than how many points we win by.

Maybe he is trying to figure out what combinations of players work well together as a "unit" because he is going to need to figure out something with our upcoming brutal Non-Conference Schedule; more so, with our lack of guards (the loss of CMM and who knows when Hudson will be back). Maybe Manning thought that we would in the end still win the game, and cared more about "experimenting" with lineups rather than how many points we win by.

That was the same argument made early last season, only it continued through the season and is continuing now.

The more logical explanation is that Manning isn't sure what he's doing.

Back