• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prediction Thread: UMBC @ Wake Forest - 8pm on ESPN3

We can only hope. I want to see Collins get 20+ minutes after his strong performance last week.

Are the two teams dedicating this game to the memory of Buz?

Are the two teams dedicating this game to the memory of Buzz? Maybe next year we can invite Colorado and Air Force too and have a kind of Buzz Memorial Tournament, where the loser gets the trophy.

weren't proud enough of your joke the first time?

This is how horrible UMBC was last year: 4-26. By Kenpom ratings, UMBC's 4 wins were over #308 Longwood, #343 Kennesaw St. and 2 wins over #345 Maine. There are 351 D-1 mens hoop teams. Their offensive efficiency was #345. Manning can name the score. WF will win by as much as he wants them to. This game is, by far, WF's easiest game of the season. WF plays no other team ranked in the 300s.

This is how horrible UMBC was last year: 4-26. By Kenpom ratings, UMBC's 4 wins were over #308 Longwood, #343 Kennesaw St. and 2 wins over #345 Maine. There are 351 D-1 mens hoop teams. Their offensive efficiency was #345. Manning can name the score. WF will win by as much as he wants them to. This game is, by far, WF's easiest game of the season. WF plays no other team ranked in the 300s.

Having said all that, Kenpom only shows a score of 81-61. And we have a short bench. I still say we win by 20+ and are up by 30+ at times.

No possible good outcome to this game.
Either we don't win by enough and we suck, or we win by an appropriate margin and it's indicative of nothing.

If you watch a game like this with your eye on the scoreboard, I'd say you're doing it wrong. There will be PLENTY of coaching points to be made in this game, regardless of the score.

Great to see the Deacs are back on the FLAGSHIP! #ESPNtheocho

Having said all that, Kenpom only shows a score of 81-61. And we have a short bench. I still say we win by 20+ and are up by 30+ at times.

I believe that projection includes a full cast of players. Nonetheless I expect a beatdown. UMBC has no one that can match up with Devin and it's not really close IMO

Back